Missing Affinity Levels

Karf

Question

Since no one answered in the steam forum...

Hey,
anyone else experienced this one? I started on hard and got very fast to affinity level 2 with Xoti. Unforutnatly the difficulty seems downright broken for people who have a bit experience in the genre. Even through I hated PotD in the first game, I restarted this one on that difficulty. So far so good, only problem now is, I don't see the affinity levels anymore. The history with every charater is still noted on the sidebar, I see all good and bad things which should lead to the appropriate affinity level but my level with all chars remains zero. Meanwhile the levels between the characters are shown the normal way.
Questions:
Anyone else runs into this?
If yes, is it only a visual bug (I can live with that) or will block this content for me?
Best regards, Karf

PS: Since I am no native speaker I added a screen for clearification

post-220380-0-80079600-1539097472_thumb.jpg

7 answers to this question

Hello Karf,

I apologize for not getting back to you on the Steam forums yet.  This weekend has had a major influx of forum posts and help tickets and I'm just finally catching up.

This issue definitely looks like a bug and I can't quite tell if it is only visual or actually going to affect gameplay.  Regardless of which situation it is, I would like to get this fixed as soon as possible.  Would you be able to provide a copy of your save file where this is occurring so the team can investigate it in case they can't reproduce the issue in-house?  If needed, you can find instructions on where to find the save files here.  If the forum doesn't allow you to link the save file, or if you prefer, feel free to send it to me at support@obsidian.net along with your forum user name and a link to this thread as a reference.

Thank you, and sorry for the inconvenience this is causing.

No harm was done, so there is no need to apologize. :)

I will put up the savegame after work but no need to loose sleep about it. As long as I know that someone saw it and looks into it I am more than happy.

Best regards, Karf

• Like 1

Hey Karf,

Actually yes, QA and the devs were working on this the past couple days and were unable to reproduce the issue on any new games and were able to gain reputation on the 3.1.0 build.  I want to double check myself, so I'll be looking into this today and compare it to the save you sent us.  I'll let you know as soon as I get some results from this.

Thanks for checking in :)

Hey Karf,

So the QA and Programming teams finished testing and they weren't able to get this to reproduce on any of their own or on any new playthroughs.  They did this in the 3.0.2 and 3.1.0 versions to make sure it wasn't still happening.  For some reason it only seems to be your save file and it does look like it's blocking gaining any more reputation as you need 10 points of reputation to get the next stage and it seems to be stopping at 9 for some reason.  I'm curious if a new game in the 3.1.0 patch would work for you, but redoing all that you've done for that character might take a few hours.

In short, it's possible this is fixed, but won't work on the current character or that there is something wrong with your version of Deadfire in general in which case it may be worth Verifying the Integrity of the game files or reinstalling to be sure.

Sorry Karf, I hope this helps.

Hi,

thanks for the effort. I will try a new game when I got some time at hands. It is a bit unfortunate but who cares, at least I can try a new build! :)

I will contact you via this thread if the problem occurs again. Thanks for your time.

Best regards, Karf