Performance Issues / Memory Leak

Orthus90

Question

Hello there,

I'm having much fun with the game. Right now, I'm fighting my way through the trials of the crucible in Seeker, Slayer, Survivor and the only problem I still have is the peformance of the game. Not sure if you're already working on it, specifically the memory leak everyone is talking about. This issue is intensified in the latest DLC, at least for me, hence I'm writing this thread. After playing several hours and fighting numerous battles in the crucible, my FPS are dropping noticeably. At one point I only had 20 FPS at the start of an arena fight. Had to save and restart to immediately go back to 60 FPS in very same place and situation.

That doesn't mean, that the game is otherwise smooth though. Even without the leak, the FPS are dropping significantly in larger combats with lots of aoe effects going on. This is the first time posting here, so if you need further information from me, just call it. If you're already working on it, well...that would be even better and make my post redundant.

Oh and my system looks like this:

i5 4570

RX 480

8 Gig Ram

Not the fastest machine, I know. Yet according to the official system requirements, I'm still well above the optimal requirements.

Best regards,

Chris

3 answers to this question

Hello Orthus,

I'm sorry performance for you has been less than optimal.  The Programming and VFX team are constantly looking for and implementing ways to help alleviate performance in between their other bug fixes.  If you would be so kind, it would be super helpful if you could reproduce this and then send us your output_log.txt file before restarting the game.  That file starts anew when Deadfire is started and records everything that happens during the playthrough until the game is restarted and the file refreshes.  If needed, you can find instructions on where to obtain the output_log.txt file here.  With that, we should be able to see any errors or spam messages that are being logged to see what might be causing the performance drops in your specific case.  If the file is too big due to long game play, you can either provide a link to your file via Dropbox or you may attach it to an email for us at support@obsidian.net. If you do email us, please link this post and mention your forum username so that we may identify you easily.

Thank you, and sorry for the inconvenience the performance has been causing.

• Like 1