Game crash on startup

Corfixen

Question

3 answers to this question

Hello Corfixen,

I'm sorry you have been having these crash issues trying to start Deadfire.  Have you ever been able to start the game successfully or has it always done this to you?

Some things to make sure before going into any heavy diagnostic work would be to make sure your graphics drivers and Windows 10 operating system are completely up to date with the latest updates.  Another common fix is to uninstall and reinstall Deadfire to make sure it installs properly.  If none of those fixes resolve the issue, then there has been another thing that has helped users and I will post that below.

1. Press the Windows button on your keyboard and type "run".
Desktop-Screenshot-2018-09-04--13-40-59-

2. Click the Program to open the Run program.

3. Type "regedit" into the Run program and press OK.
Desktop-Screenshot-2018-09-04--13-41-22-

4. Find the game folder location from the list of folders on the left.(Your location may be different from mine)
Desktop-Screenshot-2018-09-04--13-41-35-

5. Delete the Pillars of Eternity II folder.

After doing this, the game should default everything to basic settings. When Deadfire runs again, the folder will repopulate itself with the new default settings, so no need to worry about having deleted the folder.

Please let me know if these work for you while the team investigates the issue to see what can be done to get you back into the Deadfire.

Thank you and sorry for the inconvenience this is causing.

• Thanks 1

hello, 

this time question of similar nature.

i, hope you can help since the game crashes on startup.

I have installed the game through "steam". 

the specs of my system are cpu Ryzen 7 5800H, 16 ram and a geforce RTX 3060 (latest nvidia driver ver. 528.02), windows 11.

I get the following crash log file:

crash (1).png