Any Dangerous Minimums and Maximums in Values?

When modding it's usually important to know the limits of the code you're working with.  Excel famously has a limit to the rows for each spreadsheet, and it's determined by the number of byte values tracking the rows (5 bytes = 1,048,576 possible numbers).  Are there any hard limits to values in the PoE enumerations, structures, or scripts?

For example, I just tried to make an effect that raises all other skills per Diplomacy skill.  15 status effects on one ItemMod....you bet the game broke.  But is it because of a number limit, or because I just coded something uncool?  What if I try to make my Power Level 9000??

Edited by Grape_You_In_The_Mouth

It's hard to answer this question generally, but in the specific cases you mentioned, you shouldn't run into any range problems.  15 status effects is certainly reasonable.  Maybe you accidentally had one of the status effects apply to Diplomacy itself?

Power level is a 32-bit integer, so 9000 is well within range.  You might crash your game if you try to cast a spell with projectile count scaling, though.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Push distance?  There seems to be a maximum as I increase and decrease a push ability.  When over the maximum, enemies don't move anywhere. It looks like if the range is too far, then they don't move at all.  The physics is all janky and only occasionally will it allow a creature to be pushed into a wall and slide along the edge, but most of the time it just never moves anything.

Edited by Grape_You_In_The_Mouth