[v2.1.0] Permanent loss of control of character after charm

aereon

Question

Hi gents, please find below detailed information on the bug.

Description

After being attacked by a Dank Spore and being charmed by their attack Spore Charm I permanently lose control of my player character even when the effect has expired and was not reapplied.

Steps to reproduce the issue:

Enter Maukotu's Canopy (South West of Neketaka) and begin combat and wait until you get charmed.

Other information:

I'm playing solo.

Race: Human

Class: Herald

Link to dropbox shared folder with screenshots showing the loss of control of the character even after effect expired. Save game also attached to easily reproduce the issue.

Thanks!

2 answers to this question

Hello Aereon!

Thank you for the very well made bug report!  I've gone ahead and added it to our system along with the files you provided and sent it to the Programming team to investigate.  If you happen to discover anything else about this Charm issue, please let us know and I will add that information to the report as well!

Thanks for the help and sorry for the inconvenience this caused.

Hello again Aereon!

So the team has run a bunch of tests and have been unable to reproduce the issue.  They are wondering if when you are no longer charmed if you have reselected your character to have control to do things again.  Normally with solo characters, you always have control of the only character available, but when this situation occurs, it actually deselects the character which would then put you in the only situation where you would need to reselect the solo character to be able to control them.  If this is not the case for you and you still have no control over your character, please let us know so we can have the team continue to investigate the issue.

Thanks again!