Family pride quest bug + 2 other bugs [Patch 2.1]

bartopolis1234

Question

1st BUG: First bug is regarding the quest "Family pride".

If you kill Ezzali Bardatto before getting the "kill them all" order from valeras, the quest gets stuck since Ezzali is already dead. Save file for this is attached.

This bug was present before patch 2.1 Link: https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/103145-family-pride-ive-been-told-to-kill-the-bardattos-but-theyre-already-dead/

2nd BUG: If you steal Rinco's purse from Mokeha and give it to Rinco, you will still have the purse full of money in your inventory in quest items tab. I do not have any save file for this.

3rd BUG: If you change your party members in any tavern (checked in The Hole and in the Inn in Neketaka Harbor ), the new party members seems to spawn at the far corner of the room. This bug probably started from this patch.

Save File Link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1u2Z0kDcS1ySTtt4vtJvrjZ4PNDKN-aei

P.S. Is it possible to modify the save file to make the quest completed or respawn Ezzali since I do not have any save file prior to killing her.

Edited by bartopolis1234

2 answers to this question

UPDATE

The first bug as mentioned above about the quest "Family Pride" has resolved questionably. To better explain what went wrong let's look at the steps in my walkthrough.

1. First talked to Ezzali and got the quest regarding some valera plot.
  2. Went to Valera estate and got the quest to remove the sailors.
  3. Sent the sailors to the relative of Valera playing flute and returned to Valera to complete that part quest. He told me to come back later. I also tried to convince Valera to negotiate with Ezzali and the head guy told me to ask ezzali about negotiating.
  4. Went to gullet to find out about the vault heist. Told Ezzali about the heist and she told me to keep it secret. Asked her about negotiation and she accepted.
  5. After that I did a lot of other quests and didn't inform Valera about the acceptance of negotiation.
  6. Now after a long time I went to Valera to tell talk to them about the negotiation. The Valera father and son told me that I have to rescue someone from the vault heist. If not they will go hostile.
  7. Went to the Bardatto estate, killed all including Ezzali. Rescued the guy in the vault.
  8. Now when I return to Valera they tell me to leave no witness and kill all bardatto. And at this stage I was stuck for some time since there was no dialogue prompt saying that I have already killed all.
  9. Now, miraculously I waited for a day in the valera estate and I finally got the dialogue prompt about whether I killed them all. I told them I killed them all, they gave me DUSKFALL, the quest completes and now the interesting thing happens.
  10. After I get the Duskfall, I talked to the head Valera again and there was a dialogue prompt about whether ezzali accepted to negotiate. I said yes and then the negotiation started where Ezzali was alive and the quest is completed again.

Yeah, so I completed that quest twice with two outcomes in one run and now when you see the quest log it shows contradictory progression (that Valera asked me to kill all bardatto and made a truce). Save file is attached in the link.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1BATo7c6s5tVjFqhyzTBaIDWtRdpbVp6D

Edited by bartopolis1234

Hello Bartopolis!

Thank you for gathering these bugs and for being so thorough on the quest bug!  I've gone ahead and created bug reports for the first and third bugs and reopened a closed bug report for the second one.  If you happen to discover anything else about these, please feel free to mention it as this thread is linked on the bug reports to be used as a reference.

Thanks for all the help Bartopolis!

• Like 1