Lingering effects after battle though weapon is already sold or not equipeed

LarkinVB

Question

2 answers to this question

Been happening to me too with a variety of items; I didn’t report because my game is heavily modded.

@QA: One venue worth investigating: When you have active effects with a timer during a battle, they tend to stick until the timer’s end even if that happens after combat (and the combat state) is over. It is *possible* (but I’m just speculating) that saving at that very time—when combat state is over but combat effects are still on your character with a timer—makes them stick forever once you reload.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

What is worryring me more is that the effect of a weapon  already sold a long time ago (pre 2.1beta) is still lingering. It shouldn't be too hard to clean up lingering effects of items which aren't in the inventory any longer.

Edited by LarkinVB