[Mod Request] Legendary Status for Soulbound Weapons and Devil of Caroc BP on Killing Harmke?

Hey guys, 

Two mod requests here. I feel like one of these is going to be considerably more difficult than the other. I'd like to hear your thoughts on them. 

1. Devil of Caroc Breastplate available after "Killing Harmke." - 

This is more or less a pet peeve of mine, and brought up by others on the forums too. Basically, offering an alt-text version of the Devil of Caroc BP that's spawned inside Marihi's Metalworks in the same chest, same difficulty lock, if the "Kill Harmke" choice is selected. The text would read as follows.

"After her long journey ended beneath the ocean waves, the empty shell that once housed the Devil of Caroc was discovered by treasure divers on the sea floor some time later. It seems that at least one industrious smith saw some use for her remains. This bronze breastplate was forged from the Devil’s chest piece, brass buckles, and rivets from her various clockwork mechanisms. While her soul has doubtless departed, the remains are not wholly inanimate. The metal, no longer a prison for the soul, nevertheless seems to have been infused with life force and retains some power."

2. Soulbound weapon adjustments (Unlocking Legendary as a final Soulbound upgrade/Swapping some upgrade orders) - 

I'm not sure if this one is even possible. Basically, I'd like every Soulbound item to have the ability to become Legendary, because that option is available for one of them (Modwyr) and I feel like all of them deserve a chance. For most of them, Superb would then become available on the third upgrade step and Legendary on the fourth. For one SB item in particular (Lord Darryn's Voulge), I'd like the third and fourth upgrades to be switched to be more thematic. This, I imagine, could be VERY difficult, since it's tied to a specific vignette. Basically.

Third step for LDV - Sail into a storm. Unlocks a special option where you climb into the rigging, hold the weapon up to the sky, and absorb the power of the storm. I want this to be the requirement to unlock the fourth stage of the weapon which would make it Legendary. 

Fourth step for LDV - 30 (I think) Critical Hits. I want this to be the third stage of the weapon, and unlock Superb. 

None of the others, to my knowledge (Except Modwyr, and she can be made Legendary through completing her quest) have story/dialogue based upgrade steps, so leaving theirs as they are is fine. Again, just move Superb to the third upgrade step and make the fourth unlock Legendary. 

The DoC armor is spawned through the loot list "Store_05_AD_Marihi_CarocBreastplate". The list is checking a particular global variable from the first game to determine if the breastplate should be spawned.  If you can determine which global variable state represents the "killing Harmke" state you want to check, you can add another entry to the loot list with that check.  It might be tricky to figure out exactly which global variable you need to check.  Searching the file at "exported/design/globalvariables/pillars1.globalvariablesbundle" and using the PrintGlobal console command in your save might help you figure that out.

Adding the Legendary mod to each soulbound item should be pretty easy.  If you find the data object for each soulbound item (see the Basic Concepts tutorial), you'll see a list of UnlockStages on the Game.GameData.SoulbindComponent.  Each stage has a list of ItemModsToAddIDs and ItemModsToRemoveIDs.

{
   "$type": "Game.GameData.SoulbindComponent, Assembly-CSharp",
   "ProhibitUnbind": "false",
   "BindableClassesIDs": [
    "825817d4-1fb0-4e5c-bf84-473743ad98de",
    "568f1c26-1398-4e67-8b81-0f6a60e6cdde",
    "6e6750b6-61d7-4b61-9713-55957e0f0591"
   ],
   "UnlockStages": [
    {
     "Note": "1st Unlock",
     "LoreToAdd": 5180,
     "ItemModsToAddIDs": [
      "947dd50f-5f17-4a84-9242-ccd4556c4551"
     ],
     "ItemModsToRemoveIDs": [
      "6fe48bee-c40e-4030-9dea-0610dbc3aa9b"
     ],
     "EligibleClassesIDs": [],

You can locate the ID of the LegendaryWeapon item mod and add it to the list, and shuffle the others between stages as you like.

Custom soulbind unlocks are pretty hairy to put together, but it is possible to do both things you want.  If you check out the data for the Voulge more, you'll find an item mod "Soulbound_Progression_Damage_Dealt_Shock" (6fe48bee-c40e-4030-9dea-0610dbc3aa9b) that applies some status effects that trigger when the character deals shock damage and increase the soulbind progress.  You could do something similar with critical hits.  If you're just looking to re-order the unlocks, you can just cut and paste the data to the stage you want it at.

If you need help actually creating these mods, you might be able to request it from the folks in the pinned Mod Requests thread.

• Like 1