Today I'm starting a mapping project that will allow you to explore the linkage of any GUID

To start with I'm simply doing a "This ID is a This datatype".

This may sound boring (it is) but allows me to find e.g. all LootLists

This will be extended to uses and used by links allowing you to trace what uses what and suchlike

My question is what else should I record in this DB?

Prefab seems like a good idea - anyone think of anything else that would be useful

Note that this is a very generalised high level overlook of exported to start with so I'm not going to go into detail yet. For example WeaponType only applies to weapons so is not something that will be included at the start.

Prefabs are used by loads of things so are acceptable for this level of mapping

DisplayName is widely used but not really applicable as it can target one of over a dozen files

I'll eventually get down to this level - just not yet

This system is going to be part of my planned ID Clash system and will allow me to detect Vendor Clash etc at the least. I'm sure there will be other clash targets as well once I get my teeth into it...

• Like 1

OK Fair warning has been applied

I'm gonna move the domain to https://perspak.com early Feb but will keep all content

There are reasons behind this move which basically boil down to unifying my release schedule

My friends are welcome to play (I'll set you up your own areas if you desire them)

Please note that this process is messy so may take a few weeks 

Well - this is a disappointment

No comments?

I was sure someone would throw in on the Prefabs

I'll write it blind then

OK Fair warning has been applied

I'm gonna move the domain to https://perspak.com early Feb but will keep all content

There are reasons behind this move which basically boil down to unifying my release schedule

My friends are welcome to play (I'll set you up your own areas if you desire them)

Please note that this process is messy so may take a few weeks