PoE2 suffering random freezes

Idward

Question

I am running into issues trying to play PoE 2 and it just keeps randomly freezes up on me. At first, I thought it was a graphical issue so I tried changing it from windowed mode to just fullscreen. But I still had issues. I then tried lowering the graphics dropping it from high to medium then down to low an finally I tried disabling everything that I could think of and I still suffer random freezes, especially during combat.

This is running on GOG and I have run the verify option on the files. 

What information is needed to help resolve this issue?

1 answer to this question

Hi Idward,

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing freezes while playing Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire. Could you please provide us with your DxDiag file, your output log file generated after experiencing the freeze, and your save file in which you encountered this freeze issue?

Output log: \Steam\steamapps\common\Pillars of Eternity II\PillarsOfEternityII_Data

Save File: %USERPROFILE%\Saved Games\Pillars of Eternity II

You can either provide a link to your files via Dropbox or you may attach them to an email to us at support@obsidian.net. If you do email us, please link this post and mention your forum username so that we may identify you easily.