Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Well done, Obsidian! Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire is fantastic

thanks eternity2 fantastic

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

Fallout2

Fallout2

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 1 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

I backed the first Pillars and I liked it overall. It didn't set my world on fire, but I thought it improved towards the end and it had to deal with a new engine and setting. In the end I backed the sequel too. After all, Baldur's Gate 2 was miles better than BG, no? 

In PoE II I found the world was more lively, the characters were well written, there's some choice voice acting, there's a lot of breathing room apart from the main quest, the battle system was better and, most importantly, I enjoyed spending time in the game world. Inn music was top notch as well. There were some weaknesses, but nothing to detract from the main picture. It's a lovely game and my favourite since The Witcher 3.

RPG fans can be a bit particular or indebted to nostalgia, so I thought I'd extend my thank you to the whole team for such a well-crafted game. Looking forward to what's next.  

• Ripley Riley and Sanjid099 like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users