Beast of Winter: Primary weapons change during combat.

adampark8

Question

During my playthrough of Beast of Winter, my primary character's (the Watcher) weapons change at the start of combat. The primary equipped weapons change into something in my inventory and disappear until the battle is over. Once the battle is over, my original equipped weapons appear. For example, I have two legendary sabers equipped, but change into a completely random weapon in my inventory (like a mace or a crossbow) immediately when combat starts. Right when all the enemies are killed, the weapon sheathing animation goes back to my original sabers. Also, I am unable to switch weapons during battle, according to the secondary or third presets. Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

2 answers to this question

Hey Adampark!

Thank you for bringing the weapon issue to our attention.  Fortunately we have the bug in our system, so we have folks investigating the issue already.  We could, however, use a save file where this is occurring.  Would it be possible to provide us with one of those saves?  You can either provide a link to your files via Dropbox or you may attach them to an email for us at support@obsidian.net. If you do email us, please link this post and mention your Steam forum username so that we may identify you easily.

Sorry for the inconvenience this has caused.

So i had the same thing happen to my main character when i played through BoW. After checking into my thread in Steam about it and after a response i realized i had bought the necklace from the Deck of many Things. Right after i bought it and equipped it i didn't play for a few days. So when I started to play BoW the same exact thing happened to me. Check your save when you started BoW and see if you had that necklace on. I thought it would be an extra summoned attacker not change my own weapon when I got it. I never made the connection. Hopefully that was your issue to and not a bug. 

Keep up the good work guys. Pillars is a breath of fresh air since BG,IWD, and NWN. 

Prometheus

Paladin

Herald of Berath :)