[healer support build] Theurge "My pocket Healbot" - custom+Tekehu build variants

This is the archetypal "healer" we generally associate with rpgs. Ironically in PoE2 it is the druid lifegiver sublass that fits this role the best and not the priest class. 

It is good in a party with a more offensive minded, rather than just a "meatshield" tank and several glass cannony damage dealers. It allows those party members to do what they do best - deal damage, while the Theurge will keep them up and their defenses buffed. The Healbot itself will do very little damage but will summon dragons to support the party in addition to healing and buffing defenses.

The fact this toon does not need perception really allows for a more efficient distribution in a party between the dedicated healer/buffer (this toon) and the tank(s) and damage dealers.

Race: Coastal Aumauna or Nature Godlike

Druid Lifegiver + Chanter Troubadour

Skill Points base

Might - Max, Con - 8, Dex -14, Perc -10, Int - Max +1 Vaillain , Res - 8

Mechanics to 9/10, some Athletics for Second Wind, rest in Alchemy

Max Religion! - we will use Xoti's sickle and urgent harvest for speed (recommended)  

I use high mechanics on this toon in a party because that way he can be the trap disabler and free the mechanics skill for other party members to take skill points like alchemy or arcana to deal more damage.

We pump Might, Int and some dex because those allow faster and better healing and larger aoes. Since we are not there to "attack" we can ignore perception.

Proficiencies: Hatchet, Sabre, (small) shield, Dagger, whatever

Levels

1 Bearshift d, Nature's Mark d, At the sight of their comrades c, Not felled by the Axe c

2 The Thunder rolled like waves... c

3 And Hel-Hyraf crashed upon the shield c

4 Woodskin d, Gernesic Slew the Beast  c

5 Two-handed Style

6 take whatever but suggestions are: One dozen stood against c, weapon+shield style or a wildstrike d

7 Ancient Memory c/ Combat Focus d

8 Rejoice my Comrades c

9 The Shield Cracks c

10 The Silver Knight's Shield c, Form of the Delemgan d

11 ...and their screams reached the heaven c

12 Aefylles Ues Mith fir c

RETRAIN - to get the big drake instead of the hatchlings

1 Nature's Vigour (default), Bearshift d, Nature's Mark d, At the sight of their comrades c, Not felled by the Axe c

2 The Thunder rolled like waves... c

3 And Hel-Hyraf crashed upon the shield c

4 The Moon's Light (default), Two weapon style c, woodskin d

5 Thick grew their tongues c (recommended) or One dozen stood against c

6 Shatter their shackles c

7 Nature's Balm (default), Rejoice my comrades c, Combat focus d

8 The shield cracks c

9 Ancient Memory c (melee heavy) or Sure handed Issa (ranged heavy party)

10 Moonwell (default), The Silver Knight's Shield c, Scion of Flame d or Form of the Delemgan d

11 Aefylles Ues Mith fir c

12 ... its crash could not be denied c !!! - extra accuracy on your only spell attack (the tunder rolled...)

13 Cleansing Wind (default), Gernisc's Beast c, Practiced Healer d

14 ...and evil turned away from the sun c

15 rapid casting

16 Garden of Life (default), Old siec would not rest c, Quick summoning d

17 ...nor flame nor thrusted blade c

18 her courage thick as steel c

19 Nature's Bounty (default), Yet it's mate was more feared c, Lasting empower d (for empower proc on Sasha's Scimitar)

20 Mercy and Kindness

Brisk recitation is usually on to trigger more castings of ...and evil turned away from the sun/ summoning drake and ...nor flame nor thrust armour buff chanter invocations. 

Chant order: 1 (optional) Her courage, 2 (recommended) The silver Knight's boon, 3. Aeffylath, 4. Mercy and Kindness, 5. Old siec or Ancient Memory

Takehu Build Ability list:

General:

Level 2

Two Weapon Style

Level 3

Combat Focus

Level 4

Secrets of Rime

Level 5

Practised Healer

Rapid Casting

Level 6

Quick Summoning

Druid:

Level 1

Ondra's Whip

Tanglefoot

Level 2

Blizzard

The Moon's Light

Woodskin

Level 3

Chill Fog

Nature's Balm

Level 4

Moonwell

Boiling Spray

Greater Wildstrike Freeze

Level 5

Cleansing WInd

Ocean Burst

Level 6

Garden of Life

Watery Double

Level 7

Clast of Frost

Lashing Vine

Chanter

Level 1

The skies opened

Level 2

The cave provided

Level 3

The shield cracks

Great Amira let her Wrath

Level 4

...it's crash could not be denied

...not Flame nor thrusted blade

Ngati's Power struck the shore again

Level 5

A cool wind washed over the tribe

Level 6

Not one foe was spared

Level 7

Within Ngati's Embrace

Recommended Items:

Weapons - Sasha's singing scimitar with encore upgrade + xoti's sickle and maxed religion and urgent harvest. - these provide the best speed and efficiency boosts to this build. And because Xoti's sickle has relatively low penetration I give my damage dealer's other weapons.

Offhand you can use dagger + light shield in case you need to boost defenses and deflection a bit (rare)

Armor - any good armor not heavier than +35% recovery time, although an exception can be made for Blackplate. I think the Junvik armor (Hearth Defender) is the best personally. Aloth's is good too if it is free but at 20% light armor it may be too flimsy before it is fully upgraded for a frontliner/offtank

Bracers: + might

Amulet: +intellect or baubles of the fin

rings: protection and overseeing

boots: + heal %

belt + heal % (physiker's)

cloak + deflection

Head - none if nature godlike or Heaven's Cacophony (+ int)

In the Ai, healing spells are on top anytime anyone is hurt basically. Otherwise, you constantly buff everyone's defenses at the start of a fight with wood skin, + not flame nor thrusted blade. If there is a window where the party members are not taking damage the ai summons a drake or in Tekehu's case a Vine.

This toon is keeping my class-cannons up currently in my deadly deadfire Potd+mods run currently. 

you can briefly see it here supporting the party in  this clip

Casting stuff like woodskin, summoning a drake and casting moonwell. Basically what its supposed to be doing.

Edited by 1TTFFSSE
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
In the Ai, healing spells are on top anytime anyone is hurt basically. Otherwise, you constantly buff everyone's defenses at the start of a fight with wood skin, + not flame nor thrusted blade. If there is a window where the party members are not taking damage the ai summons a drake or in Tekehu's case a Vine.

Sorry if it is a stupid question, but I don't use the AI so, is this built supposed to work with the AI? If so, did you customize it yourself or do you use the options included in the game?

sign.jpg

Sorry if it is a stupid question, but I don't use the AI so, is this built supposed to work with the AI? If so, did you customize it yourself or do you use the options included in the game?

I always have custom ai scripts on that I tweak myself as it is much more efficient. Generally, you can do that for all characters except ascendants because ascendant ai is just messed up.

It helps streamline the game. You cans ave your scripts to use later so there's that.

Also do "per list" priority order on a custom ai script.

On this particular build as I recommended, always put all your druid per encounter aoe heals on top with about 20-30sec cooldown and "greatest number of allies" target and if allies are hurt. Also stuff like woodskin that buffs defensive ar and nature's vigour - you want to have the "bot" prioritize those abilities.

Then the chanter healing ability the bouncy one that heals and does fire damage to targets.

The healing abilities at the top of the priority list and stuff like summons and nature's mark at the end of the list: that way the bot will always look to heal party members who are hurt and if there is a window in combat that little damage is taken the theurge will summon a drake or debuff enemies with nature's mark. or attempt a stun with the crushing wave chanter invocation (which is excellent on this build because its upgrade improves its accuracy, so even on a toon that does not have max accuracy it can do good cc on the enemy).

At lower levels this toon is very much a pure "healer", at higher levels it becomes effective at both healing and cc/summoning. 

Edited by 1TTFFSSE
  • Like 1