[2.0] Save Game window stops working

jww

Question

This has happened four times in just a few hours of gameplay on the 2.0 beta patch.

Going into the Options menu and selecting Save Game brings up the list of save files as normal. However, if you click 'Save' on an existing file, it brings up the normal dialogue box for "Overwrite save file for..." but when you select "Accept", nothing happens. The dialogue box closes, but your save file doesn't get updated and the Save Game window doesn't close. Once this happens, saving a new file also doesn't work (clicking "Save" for a new file doesn't do anything at all).

Auto-saves still work (at least so far), but in order to save normally, you have to quit the game and reload. I'm on a Mac, in case this issue is platform-specific.

EDIT: The problem above has only happened on the 2.0 beta patch, but I've had another save issue ever since the game was first released -- every once in a while, when going into the Options menu, the Save Game button is actually grayed out and can't be clicked. There's no reason for that to be the case, no fight going on or anything, it just gets stuck. Usually this issue goes away after transitioning areas.

EDIT2: Not sure it's worth a separate post, but I just had an issue on 2.0 where after fighting the Spindle Man's group, three of my companions started hovering rather than walking. Strangely, it was my three shield users (Pallegina, Eder, Xoti), but that may have been a coincidence. Problem disappeared after reloading.

Edited by jww
  • Like 1

5 answers to this question

Hello,

When you run into this issue again, do you mind attaching your output_log.txt file here so we can look into what's causing your issue?

Thanks,

Roby

Where would I find that file?

You can find all the general details of what's helpful when bug reporting here: https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/97377-how-to-report-a-bug/

The Output Log specific part pasted from there is: 

Output Log

When the issue occurs, close the game client, find this file, then attach it to your post

Steam Location: \Steam\steamapps\common\Pillars of Eternity II\PillarsOfEternityII_Data\output_log.txt

GOG Location: \GOG\Games\Pillars of Eternity II Deadfire\PillarsOfEternityII_Data\output_log.txt

GOG Galaxy: \GalaxyClient\Games\Pillars of Eternity II Deadfire\PillarsOfEternityII_Data\output_log.txt

OSX Location: ~/Library/Logs/Unity/Player.log

Twitter: @robyatadero

I got the "save is greyed out" thing as well, for me it happened right after the interaction with the Adra pillar in the Engwithan digsite dungeon. Quicksave also didn't work.

The issue cleared up once I transitioned into the exterior area.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0