All skills greyed out on level up

FlavouredFinger

Question

5 answers to this question

Hi FlavouredFinger,

Can you please provide us with your save file so that we may investigate your issue further?

Save File: %USERPROFILE%\Saved Games\Pillars of Eternity II

Thanks!

Thanks for the reply.

Link to the save live: https://mega.nz/#!CzhVhQ5C!MhSf4uJdxzhMd9nfclAjaKS6ZRYxh_oxazgkbmAx12k

Edited: Sorry i missed the key in the link here's the new one ^ , thanks

Edited by FlavouredFinger

Hi FlavouredFinger,

Can you please provide us with either your decryption key or a public link to your save file? Alternatively, you can email us at support@obsidian.net with your save file attached. If you do email us, please link this post and mention your forum username for us to be able to identify you easily.

• Like 1

I tried making another character that was also a cipher-monk multi-class and i couldn't pick any cipher abilities on the first level up but i could still use the monk tree, so i went back to another save and serafen is in the same boat. so it seems its something to do with the cipher tree

I know this is a necro here, but - there was recently a new surge in sales, due to the game going on sale on Steam, etc... so there has to be more like me, that wanted the game, but waited until recently to dive in!

I have this problem also, and have searched Google, the forums here, Reddit, and have found very few mentions of this issue - but it's easy to describe in so many ways it's hard to be sure.  Unfortunately, I have not seen an actual ANSWER from Support, or anyone else, on a solution to this issue.

What was the final conclusion here?  Was there a fix?

For my own issue, it has hit Aloth.  No other character.  As of level 14, his baked-in ability options, were all greyed out during level up.  (I had a couple of options that had been allowed via a mod, and those were still selectable.)  I've tried disabling that mod, but this didn't help.  I've verified game files via the Steam system twice, to no avail.  I have seen a suggestion to start a new game, and then copy a saved save-game file over the top of the new game... but that thread was never acknowledged as to whether that worked or not, either!  (That's a lot of work for no pay off!)

So please, for the sake of Aloth, and every other caster in the Deadfire, please tell us how to allow them to level up once more...