Eder is suddenly gone. Need help.

Sargerastar

Question

My party level is 19. I have not done that many ship battles yet, but I noticed that some companions that are not in my active party take part in ship battles and are AI controlled. After my last ship battle, which went without any problems, I decided to level my companions that are not in my active party.

Suddenly I notice, that Eder is gone, his quest, equipment, reputation screen as well. He is nowhere to be found.

To make this clear, I have recruited Eder perfectly fine, played with him some time and then switched him out for Pallegina as tank.

Now he is suddenly gone. Can companions actually die in ship battles when not in active party and controlled by AI??? If yes, whey did the game not tell me so I could reload?

I have put many hours (80+) into this and have no save game with him still present (haven't checked for a while because I did not expect that party members can disappear without warning). It would totally ruin this game for me if Eder was gone, as I am kind of a completionist and want to do his quest still.

Need help please. Thanks in advance

PS. This is my second attempt writing this. In my first attempt I tried to upload my save game, which went wrong and lost me what I had written. Also my save game seems to be too big to upload (only 507 kb allowed)

3 answers to this question

Hi Sargerastar,

If any crew member or companion dies while in ship combat, they remain dead if they are not in your party and are being controlled by AI. I can add your feedback about notifying the player and send it along to our developers. Also, can you either provide a link via Dropbox to your save file or email us at support@obsidian.net with your save file?

If you do email support, please link this forum post and mention your forum username so that we may identify you easily.

Thanks!

Thank you for answering, but I still have a question.

Is it really the case, that companions that are NOT in my active group and are randomly tossed into ship battles by the game can die permanently? If so, in ship battles I would not only have to manage my own group of 5 but all the other companions/crew members that the game tosses in to "help" me and which I can not control.

After every ship battle I then would have to check if any of my NON-active companions/crew members died, because the game would not notify me. Is this really intended?

To make it absoluteley clear again: Eder vanished, but I did NOT use him in my active group for the last 10 or so levels.

Dropbox Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/exkhwzcwv736ptq/Lyk%20%28TheWildMare%29%20%28f0fce9af-7284-45cf-9424-9899e80809b9%29%20%28783102414%29.savegame?dl=0

Thanks for your efforts.

Hi Sargerastar,

It has been brought to my attention that non-Party companions do not die if knocked out during ship combat. I had made this mistake due to the fact that this is only true for Eder if he died during the prologue ship battle scene. However, this does not happen to any other companions and in no other scenes. My apologies for the confusion.

Thank you for providing your save file. We'll look into your issue right away.