My savegames are no longer recognized by the game

Visenya

Question

Today I've deleted the saves in the savegame folder to restore some previous save that I had backed up before.

Now the game doesn't recognize anymore the files, neither the more recent that I planned to delete (I've restored them from the deleted files bin) nor the previous files (saved with the same version of PoE II).

I've also tried to start a new game and this doesn't recognize anymore my first PoE save to import.

I'm running the latest beta patch of the game.

It's possible to solve the issue?

9 answers to this question

I exited the beta (Steam version of the game) and still nothing, unfortunately.

My savegame folder is "C:\Users\userrname\Save Games\Pillars of Eternity" for the first game.

And for the second is "C:\Users\userrname\Save Games\Pillars of Eternity II".

Edited by Visenya

I've also tried to start a new game and I cannot load the new save games either. 

The files are present in the game folder, both new and old, both the game menu has the "continue" and "load" option grayed out.

I've tried also deleting the temporary Obsidian folder, doing that "restores" the load and continue menu tabs and the saves return listed correctly, but the game won't load them.

Edited by Visenya

Deleting the whole savegame folder restores the PoE savegame import and let me start a new game, but in this way I lose all the saves and achievements. The issue seem related with the "global achievement folder", like removing or restoring savegames manually from windows breaks something, but I've no idea how precisely.

Edited by Visenya

If can be useful to solve the issue in the future and helping other people with this same problem, I have managed to solve it with the following steps:

- Delete the temporary PoE II files, path: "C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Temp\Obisdian Entertainment\Pillars of Eternity II".

- Delete the savegame folder not recognized: "C:\Users\[username]\Save Games\Pillars of Eternity II"

- Restore in "C:\Users\[username]\Save Games\Pillars of Eternity II" a backed up savegame folder without deleting any save in it and containing its "Achievements" subfolder.

- Restart PoE II.

With this method I managed to restore both the achievements for the Berath's favor starting bonuses and to restore the PoE choices import, losing only some game hours because the savegame folder was of the day before the last one.

Until the devs resolve the issue, I suggest to save the whole folder and restoring it if needed, and deleting unneeded saves from the game interface. 

Edited by Visenya

I exited the beta (Steam version of the game) and still nothing, unfortunately.

My savegame folder is "C:\Users\userrname\Savegames\Pillars of Eternity" for the first game.

And for the second is "C:\Users\userrname\Savegames\Pillars of Eternity II".

Hi Visenya,

There is one detail here that I would like to correct. In your file paths that you've posted, you've written "Savegames". This should be "Saved Games". Could you please try renaming your path with those changes and let us know if your save files are being recognized again?

Thanks!

• Like 1

Hello, and thanks for your answer :) About the save games path, sorry for the mistake, I've edited my previous posts.

About the issue it's solved, I've played with no troubles about tree hours from my last post, all the saves are recognized.

It happens that sometimes the "load game" and "continue" are grayed out on load, but that happened also before sometimes, and exiting and loading again the game seems to fix that.