[1.2.0.0028] Serafen/Captain Furrante encounter does not occur!

thelee

Question

Started a new game, using a custom-created game data. For some reason, upon getting my ship, I get no Captain Furrante/Serafen encounter. I try sailing around for quite a while, but no go. This is actually the second attempt at creating a new game using the same custom-created data.

Here's a save from before I set sail (i just cashed in the quest and am heading to vilario's rest to leave the island), and one afterwards (just after i board the defiant), along with the output_log: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/cxw36fr9hz8qp5a/AACKtriAf7pwUuPDYaKhzwGUa?dl=0

Edited by thelee

2 answers to this question

hang on!

i searched a nearby shipwreck (the one on the port maje island) repeatedly, and after several search attempts, Captain Furrante's ship spawned a short distance away and I got the encounter.

is this a change to the trigger for the encounter? I could swear that in previous versions of the game (or other poe1 game states) captain furrante's ship was basically already waiting for me as soon as i was ready to sail and i couldn't exactly outrun the encounter. Note that in my OP I mention that this is the second time I am trying this new game based on the same game state, and in that version I got pretty far (level ~8 or so) without ever getting a Captain Furrante/Serafen encounter and so far the only thing I can distinguish it is that I didn't search this shipwreck that first time around.

Edited by thelee