Fat_Barry

Captain Furrante/Serafen encounter doesn't occur after leaving Port Maje

Question

I have just restarted the game after making my ideal POE1 import save. This time around, when I leave Port Maje (after buying supplies after leaving Villario's Rest), I never encounter Captain Furrante's ship.

I sailed all the way to Neketaka without encountering them at all. I even sailed directly to Fort Deadlight, still no encounter. The first illustrated-dialogue sequence triggers (with Berath and all the other gods asking what Eothas is up to), but no Serafen.

Thanks for your help!

6 answers to this question

Hi Fat_Barry,

We are currently aware of reports of this issue and are investigating the cause. In the meantime, could you provide us with your POE1 and POE2 save files?

POE1 Save File: %USERPROFILE%\Saved Games\Pillars of Eternity
POE2 Save File: %USERPROFILE%\Saved Games\Pillars of Eternity II

Thanks!

Seems the issue resolved itself after cruising around for a while.

Reloaded, and after sailing around aimlessly for a while, the ship randomly appeared (while near Fort Deadlight).

I would attach my saves, but there is a 507KB limit on attaching files? each file is almost 2MB.

Can confirm that, he does not show up.

/E The quest is completed, but not for furrante or aedyls (she does not show up, even after i received the letter).

Edited by baldurs_gate_2

This has also happened to me in my latest play-through.  Never happened before (and since I'm a habitual re-starter, I've done this much of the game many many times).  

Sorry for necroposting, but it happened to me too! It's the first time and I've played the game for 21 times before. This time I wasn't using the save from PoE1, only the preset.