So! After posting variants of the same Sage, Spellblade, and other Caster/Melee builds a bunch of times, and probably annoying a good many of you, and doing a lot of different testing, I've kind of come to realize that I'm just not feeling it as much as I do a dual-martial class. So, I decided to have a go at a Shadowdancer, who'd essentially follow the same role that my Spellblade was intended to follow, that of a spy/assassin for a given faction.
Now, by doing this I sacrifice a lot of AoE DPS potential, in exchange for more of a focus on taking down single targets. It's also much more of a melee focused character, so I opted for Shattered Pillar/Streetfighter.
The stats would look something like this...
10 Might (5 Base +1 Human +2 Berath's Blessing +1 Gift of the Machine +1 Permanent Stat boost Potion)
20 Constitution (16 Base + 2 Berath's Blessing +1 Rauatai +1 Effigy's Resentment (Durance))
17 Dexterity (12 Base +2 Berath's Blessing +2 Chameleon's Touch)
20 Perception (18 Base +2 Berath's Blessing)
20 Intellect (18 Base +2 Berath's Blessing)
8 Resolve (5 Base +1 Human +2 Berath's Blessing) (11 with Drug)
This is a modified stat allocation of what I was using with my Streetfighter/Wizard, taking into account a reduced need for Constitution and Dexterity. This will, if my math is right, give me a little over 400 HP with Tough, just counting the flat Con bonuses and not the +10% from Effigy's/Durance.
Might is also absolutely unnecessary for a Streetfighter, provided they can keep their bonuses up, and that's what this build is intended to do.
Level 1 - Crippling Strike/Swift Strikes
Level 2 - Escape
Level 3 - Force of Anguish
Level 4 - Blinding Strike/Two-Weapon Style
Level 5 - Dirty Fighting
Level 6 - Weapon and Shield Style
Level 7 - Efficient Anguish/Riposte
Level 8 - Confounding Blind
Level 9 - Stunning Blow
Level 10 - Thunderous Blows/Persistent Distraction
Level 11 - Withering Strike
Level 12 - Adept Evasion
Level 13 - Deep Wounds/Stunning Surge
Level 14 - Tough
Level 15 - Torment's Reach
Level 16 - Raised Torment/Perishing Strike
Level 17 - Flagellant's Path
Level 18 - Slippery Mind
Level 19 - Skyward Kick/Deathblows
Level 20 - Heartbeat Drumming
- Gipon Prudensco (Gotta tick off the Principi to get this, but it's worth it): Really nice defensive bonuses, including immunity to Engagement attacks, and a stacking bonus to Deflection and Reflex for Riposte and Adept Evasion. Otherwise, Devil of Caroc Breastplate is still a really good choice for the Resistance to Constitution or Intellect afflictions and the +2 additional class resources.
- Cutthroat Cosmo for the Recovery reduction, especially if going with the DoC Breastplate.
- Stalker's Patience and Tuotilo's Palm: Assuming weapon styles stack, this technically counts as two weapon fighting and weapon and shield. It allows you to make good use of full attacks, scales with Stealth, and does Raw damage over time in addition to Deep Wounds. I'm open to other suggestions though.
- Thaos's Headdress: A bonus to Flanked enemies, just hide it because it looks hideous.
- Cloak of Greater Protection:
- Chameleon's Touch/Entonia's Signet Ring
- Boots of the Stone/Rakhan Field Boots (For Endgame)
- Precognition or Claim, Refusal
- Bracers of Greater Deflection
- Nature's Embrace
Edited by Cyrus_Blackfeather, 11 July 2018 - 08:00 PM.