Encounter abilities, class resource should be single class.

At the moment I'm generally not inspired to take many active abilities, especially for multiclass.

In most cases selecting another passive seems a better choice than an active, simply because the added utility will rarely add much since you'll have less casts of another ability. 

Personally I'd like to see all abilities changed to per encounter, single cast for high cost abilities, 2-3 cast for low cost abilities.

Class resource is only available to multi class through empower. 

Single class would have additional class resource so they can choose abilities that they want additional uses.

The benefits I see are:

• It encourages using different abilities and therefore stratergies
  • Spamming a single ability isn't maybe possible, but only on a single class character.
  • Single class will have something very unique to separate them.
  • Picking all active abilities is still a decent build.

this may make it harder to balance the game though as the devs will no longer be receiving quite as definite feedback on the most frequently chose abilities.

P.s. I know there are some build that people do choose many actives, e,g, many damage over time abilities.
However these seem to be the exception, not the rule.

Edited by Erik Dirk

*shrug* you can already spam a ton of abilities by mid-level, I feel.

You can already cast so many things, esp. with empower-refresh, that, for example, you can have your favourite Fighter buffs up for the entire battle - no choice involved there.

I wouldn't mind a more general rebalancing of resources with single-classes in mind.

• Like 1