Heyo, 

So, I know I want to sacrifice a companion to the Blood Pool in PoE1 for my Monk/Wizard playthrough. The issue is, I'm not sure which. I'm torn between Durance and Grieving Mother, and I'm not sure which stat boosts would really serve me the best. 

Durance - +1 Con/+5% Max HP (So, essentially +2 Con as far as Max HP goes) 

Pros: With Gift of the Machine giving another +5% max HP, that's +15% essentially. 

Cons: Unfortunately, I'm a Monk/Wizard, so I only have something like 230 max HP at base Con anyway, so that buff doesn't really bring it up by much (Only to around 250 or so). 

Grieving Mother - +1 Int/+5 Defense against Intellect Afflictions (I think?) 

Pros - Charmed and Dominated are the absolute worst afflictions to be hit with in a party setting, and with my Intellect being close to max with Duality of Mortal Presence (+30 with this buff), I'm looking at +40 Will from Intellect alone, plus that extra bit of defense. Plus, from a roleplaying perspective, the likelihood of her coming back again is pretty slim. Furthermore, since she's glamoured, no one knows you did it. So you essentially get away with murder. 

Cons - ... Honestly, I can't really see many drawbacks. The additional buff is meh, but then all of them are, really, they're either incredibly situational or minimal. Intellect is a good stat to have both for build purposes and thematically. 

What are your thoughts? 

I think GM gives +Rsolve last I checked. 

Okay, so my options are to sacrifice Aloth or Kana... 

... And I'll be playing a Wizard multiclass...

And Aloth is kind of a jerk to pretty much everyone anyway...

Sorry Aloth. 

Edited by Cyrus_Blackfeather

Why not sacrifice Kana, tell Maia about it and then go on a "road trip" with her to that one island om the East of Deadfire where the Skaenites greet you? - Would be funny to see how she reacts if the game was actually well scripted for such interactions. 

Why not sacrifice Kana, tell Maia about it and then go on a "road trip" with her to that one island om the East of Deadfire where the Skaenites greet you? - Would be funny to see how she reacts if the game was actually well scripted for such interactions. 

Because I actually like Maia and kind of don't want her to hate me. 

Or I suppose I could just go without the +1 INT