HUGE SEA COMBAT BUG ez wins every time

Dystar

Question

I am running the most recent steam patch as of 25 Jun 2018, with scalawag, critical role, rum runners pack and Gaun's pledge installed.

I noticed that rewards for ship combat in terms of magical items have been nerfed so was looking to avoid it, however I got chased down by a galleon and couldnt escape so I decided to go down in a blaze of glory. I am using the base defiant ship with no upgrades and 4 iron thunderers.  I figured I would be dead in 2 rounds easy.

HOWEVER

My first shot sent one of their men overboard

and that was the end of the fight.

The enemy ship just stood still and did nothing for the whole fight after that as I pounded them into an oily smudge on the surface of the water.

As I've done combat a few times and never seen that before, and this was the first time I"ve knocked a crewmember overboard, i decided to test it. I went up against a 3 skull ship, saved the game prior to the fight, then attacked them. 2nd round in (1 more than previous fight) I knocked one over and BAM, enemy ship froze and let me have my way. A bit more testing and I've discovered this works really well on ships with multiple crew members, the more crew the more chance to knock someone overboard. Anyways obviously theres a bug when the computer ship tries to resolve a crew member being overboard. Other than that loving the game!

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet