How do I manipulate Multiclass Subclass lockouts?

Is this hardcoded or can I manipulate it?  For example if you choose a Priest of Magran and attempt to multiclass with Paladin I believe Bleakwalker becomes the only option available.

I want this behaviour but I want to be able to further manipulate it for some other classes for an experimental mod I'm working on.  For example I'd like only certain subclasses to be available when creating a Battlemage.

It could be staring me straight in the face but nothing jumps out in the pt or char bundles that hints at how the game is handling this if it is moddable.  I can override existing paladin and priest subclasses to get the right combos for Templar but can't see a way for other multiclasses.

I don't want to reduce options for the sake of it but to prevent a couple of potentially OP combos or totally mismatched (lore etc) subclasses.

Otherwise I'll have to make brand new classes that mimic multiclassed options (which will probably be a huge headache for conversation checks etc).

Edit:  Nevermind.  It would seem that the lockouts occur based on disposition clashes between paladin orders and deities.  I might try giving a non-Pal/Priest dispositions via orders/deities/straight personality objects or a new object and see if I can cause similar clashes to achieve the result.  I'm not sure if I could make a new object such as.. let's say.... different types of thieves guilds for rogues actually level up in score but it would be an interesting twist on game mechanics if possible.

Edited by ferzal

More on this in case anyone was wondering:

The priest-paladin subclass exclusions only work for those classes and only affect each other - not themselves (that I could see anyway).  You can create a subclass that "pretends" to be a paladin or a priest in part of the character code which will affect what subclass of the other type you can choose.  I have not (yet) tried playing these pretend-subclasses off against one another on non-paladin/priests.  If it works then it can provide some very limited control.

Pretending to be a priest whilst actually being something else may allow you call on the deity stat (or paladinorder for a pretend paladin).  I have not tested for this at all but, if so, it could allow you to apply disposition bonuses/penalties to other classes.  Or it may  break the game...

I'll probably have more info further down the line because I may dabble a bit with this even though it is not what I was looking for.  I don't think it's currently possible to do exactly what I wanted.  Paladin and Priest have hardcoded components (such as the subclass string mentioned in an earlier thread relating to the Priest of Rymrgand mod).

To become a pretend Priest/Paladin simply link a new subclass of either type to the main class UUID of your choice. ("ForClassID": "UUID",).  You will need to leave the subclass string alone or set it to invalid.  You can also create a new order or deity disposition.  And then hope it doesn't break the game somewhere (I will be testing this more).

The logic that excludes priest/paladin subclasses based on your subclass in the other is based on the PositiveDispositions and NegativeDispositions of the respective Paladin Order and Deity.  If any dispositions are Positive for one subclass and Negative for the other, those subclasses aren't compatible.

I'll make a note that we could add data to allow you to manually mark certain subclasses as incompatible.

I did note that dispositions were key but you can only play off an order against a deity (or vice versa).  You can't play off deities against each other (obviously the game wasn't designed that way so it makes sense).

Whilst it does give me a little leeway to prevent a new subclass type X (paladin order) from Class A multiclassing with subclass type Y (deity) from Class B or subclass type Z (deity) from Class C it's not possible to lockout a multiclass of BY-CZ (deity-deity).

It would be absolutely fantastic for balanced modding if we could easily mark conflicting subclasses (including no subclass) for mods with significant subclass changes.  Thanks for noting that.