Console commands and interface

KBAegis

Question

Hi all,

I'm playing around with the console and I was noticing that there appears that the interface and abilities are decoupled. Pretty cool, but after playing around I was wondering if it was possible to modify the interface for an existing character:

learnAllAbilities Player_<name> PT_<foreign class>

<command to get the "Fighter Abilities" grouping on the character>

Thanks in advance to the devs. The game is beautiful.

5 answers to this question

So I found out that the UI appears to read the class level to infer tabs. This is interesting since you can also run setclasslevel Player_<name> <class> 20 false. I played around with this and was able to create an omni-classed character (all classes in game), ignoring the 2 class limit. The UI conveniently then groups abilities together as if you had the appropriate class.

The trick, I found, was then using removeability to remove all the redundant entries as it also includes all subclass and redundant skilltable entries.

Unfortunately not all class abilities have common-sense names, so I was forced to do some shell magic to parse progressiontables.gamedatabundle and infer the UUID for the referenced abilities (like arcane trickster sneak attack). Specifically, $(cat progressiontables.gamedatabundle|tr ',' '\n'|less) since jq tells me that your JSON is broken. The notes were very helpful and allowed me to purge the superflous entries.

Now I'm noticing that the game only appears to look at the first two classes for class-based dialog checks, although abilities seem to work fine.

All around, awesome setup guys. I greatly appreciate it.

The only thing that doesn't appear to be working consistently with my approach is the Ranger animal companion. If one of the devs could intervene here and explain to me how those are selected, I was given a bird familiar upon running:

learnallabilities Player_<name> PT_Ranger

From what I've been able to infer, the Summon Companion ability (e372ba5a-0c9c-451d-94cb-c24f90138c63) appears to simply select the first available pet that is associated with the player. Unfortunately, this is the worst documented component with many of the ranger abilities with empty strings under their notes section in progressiontables.

I used removeability to purge the extra companion abilities from my character (ghost-hearted or no) leaving only the spectral bird. Now when I re-add the Summon Companion passive I am granted a spectral grub instead. The best I can tell, this is from the wizard familiar ability which I've attempted to remove- again, little to no documentation.

Thanks! I posted there as well. The only thing I wasn't able to figure out on my own was the Ranger companion with the above context. If I leave everything untouched from setclasslevel Player_Watcher Ranger 25 false and learnallabilities Player_Watcher PT_Ranger, I now get a spectral stag on my character which seems to persist after a reload. Good enough for me.