Hasongo - Ahsen Maw Sequence Breaking Bug.

Novaseaker

Question

Hello,

I accidentally caused a sequence breaking bug without meaning to and I've missed out on a significant story event, the second talk with Eothas.

As soon as I got to Neketaka, I took a break from the main quest, the Hunt of Eothas, and did all the sidequests I could in Neketaka, one of which was the one for mapping all the uncharted islands in Deadfire. During this line of sidequests, one of the hints for finding uncharted islands was to explore Magran's Teeth. In my explorations, I happened upon Ashen Maw and entered it, thinking it may have been part of the uncharted island quest chain.

I immediately left Ashen Maw, as I saw an Eothas footprint and realized rather quickly I was in an area I "shouldn't" be just yet. I did not interact with any objects or characters or fight any enemies in Ashen Maw. I literally loaded the screen and immediately left.

About 20 hours later, finally done with all of Neketaka's sidequests I had access too, I finally decided to advance the main story and go to Hasongo. (My reasons for delaying the main story until I was done with all sidequests was to ensure I was not locked out of any interesting story if, say, Neketaka exploded in riots and several important NPCs died while I was at Hasongo. Similar things have happened before.)

So, I arrive at Hasongo, make my way to the lighthouse, have a lovely chat with a snake dude, then touch the Adra pillar to restore it and do so. THen the quest is completed, I get a new one, and the quest text is telling me I just spoke to Eothas and he told me where to go. 

Except he didn't. Eothas doesn't speak to you at Hasongo if you so much as touch your big toe inside Ashen Maw.

SO now there is a significant story event that I have missed out on, because sidequests encouraged me to explore randomly in an area that I was too early for.

0 answers to this question