Votary (Bleak Walker/Helwalker) or Crusader (Bleak Walker/Devoted)

Hey guys, 

So I've been trying to think of a build for a heavy frontline fighter for a while now, and after discussing this with folks here and on the Steam Forums, I've come up with two options - a Crusader Main Tank and a Votary Off-tank. I wanted to share the build with you now (It's largely the same for both) and get your feedback as to improvements I can make with it. 

Both builds will dual-wield swords, because swords tend to be more versatile/have better enchantments than sabres in my opinion. 

Crusader: Knight of Galawain (Bleak Walker/Devoted)

Human/Deadfire Mercenary (I might pick another culture, but Deadfire definitely seems to have the most unique dialogue associated with it.)

Previous Decisions:

- Gift of the Machine

- Effigy's Resentment (Zahua)

Might: 20 (18 + 2 from Human and GotM)

Con: 10* (9+1 from sacrificing Zahua)

Dexterity: 10 (9 + 1 Deadfire bonus)

Perception: 16

Intellect: 14**

Resolve: 10 (9 + 1 Human bonus)

* I've considered bumping Constitution up a small bit to 12 or so, but otherwise I feel like it's probably fine at 10 adjusted

** Sacrificing Zahua gives +15% buff duration, which effectively gives me 35% buff duration with my INT investment. That means that Disciplined Barrage and other important buffs last for 20 seconds!

Votary (Shieldbearers/Helwalker) or (Bleak Walker/Helwalker) - No Catchy Name 

This build would probably wind up working more or less exactly the same, though I would probably take points from Intellect and put them into either Resolve or Constitution just to mitigate the extra damage I'd be taking as a result of the Helwalker. Granted, Monk gets its own modal later on that allows me to put points into either Con or Intellect as I gain wounds, so that's worth considering. So it'd be something like...

Any thoughts either way? I'm personally leaning toward the Crusader (Deus Vult!) primarily because I love the idea of playing a Bleak Walker that emphasizes Galawain's tenants. Plus I just really feel like not-dying since I've come so close to death so many times on less squishy characters. 

Okay, so I double checked and Zahua's Blood Pool boost actually only gives +15% to drug effect durations in the first game. Is that how his bonus works when it carries over to the second? If that's the case, I might sacrifice Durance instead since that gives Constitution AND 5% max HP. Plus, I'd be doing Magran a favor. 

Can I get some feedback from folks regarding which was more fun to play out of Paladin/Fighter and Paladin/Monk? Paladin/Fighter feels like it'd be more fun early on, but Paladin/Monk feels like it'd be stronger throughout the game as it gets more useful powers. But then Monk doesn't get Charge or Mob Stance to handle groups of enemies.