Hello everyone!

In my current save, I started on Veteran, but changed to PotD around level 9-10 as I wanted a challenge. I've turned level scaling on (and only upwards), but it seems I can breeze through most encounters anyway. Is it just the quests I've done in the order I've done them? I think I've encountered maybe five enemies with skulls.

So, with as few spoilers as possible, this is what I've done so far:

- everything on the first island

- most quests in Neketaka

- Blow the man down (fort Deadlight - a great quest!)

- some bounties

- Hasongo ("A Distant Light")

I haven't explored much of the world map, just Neketaka, Port Maje, Dunnage, Hasongo and very recently Tikawara.

I just killed the Engwithan Titan on Poko Kohara with absolutely no difficulties. My party is on level 12 now. MC is Berserker/Paladin, Eder as tank, Maia as DPS, Pallegina as support and Serafen as support.

Will the game become more difficult, or should I just restart and get the full PotD experience?

Is it just the quests I've done in the order I've done them? [...]

Will the game become more difficult, or should I just restart and get the full PotD experience?

No, the game was rushed out the door without balance passes is all. If you're level 12 things only get easier from here. Level scaling won't help much, the only thing you can really do is pile on self restrictions like avoiding level ups, avoiding consumables, avoiding Empowering, summons, and broken combos etc.

Alternatively you could check back in 9 months or so after the DLC has been released and had a couple balance passes.

• Like 1

Exoduss, on 14 Apr 2015 - 11:11 AM, said: 

also secret about hardmode with 6 man party is :  its a faceroll most of the fights you will Auto Attack mobs while lighting your spliff

I don't want to wait 9 months to continue playing, and I assume the first levels are harder on PotD (since the +15 Accuracy and +15 Deflection is constant for all PotD enemies and that matters more in the beginning). I think I'll start from the beginning on PotD.

Since you can sail to your destinations in the game, it's harder to know which quests to do when. Has someone made a guide or a suggestion as to when to do the different main quests?

a suggestion as to when to do the different main quests?

Yeah. There are 3 main quests: Hasongo, Magran's Teeth, and the final zone. Reroll on PotD and do Hasongo at lvl 6, Magran's Teeth at 9 and (final zone) at 11 or 12.

Exoduss, on 14 Apr 2015 - 11:11 AM, said: 

also secret about hardmode with 6 man party is :  its a faceroll most of the fights you will Auto Attack mobs while lighting your spliff

There are very few hard battles in the game once you hit level 10 on PotD. You would need to travel to the northern part of the map for some of the harder stuff. The difficulty is also very dependent on your characters. If you selected an OP cheese abilities (monk crit build, paladin AOE resurrect, etc) then nothing will make the game harder because those abilities are very powerful.