The Flame Shield spell deals Fire Damage to all enemies who hit the caster, but it doesn't seem like this applies to Fires of Darcozzi Palace. If it's only effect is to give DR against Freeze, what is it good for?

Hello, it only gives you the defense against freeze damage. it is specially good while fighting the guys at the two elms fortification, the one of the pale elves, also while fighting with alpine dragon it could help. there are some guys using ice pillar.

• Like 1

The Flame Shield spell deals Fire Damage to all enemies who hit the caster, but it doesn't seem like this applies to Fires of Darcozzi Palace. If it's only effect is to give DR against Freeze, what is it good for?

I have never taken it because I feel that it is a really weak talent.  That being said if you are looking at a reflecting damage type build it could work.  Its a flame shield so it suppose to reflect fire damage when you are hit by a melee attack.  Is that not happening?  The reflect is not auto  though it needs to graze/hit/crit so you could be missing.  Paladin ACC in the early game can be low. The DR could help against Frost enemies like Aram said.

Edited by Torm51

Have gun will travel.

If you're gonna use a Dracozzi Palace paladin, I would recommend to keep it as neutral as possible, It is not up to be a high damage dealer as a bleak walker or as very supportive as the kind wayfarers... they are most up to be neutral I think because of their dispositions and for the only reason of being a paladin. Paladins will have a high defensive bonus no matter if they are up to attack or support.

If you're gonna use a Dracozzi Palace paladin, I would recommend to keep it as neutral as possible, It is not up to be a high damage dealer as a bleak walker or as very supportive as the kind wayfarers... they are most up to be neutral I think because of their dispositions and for the only reason of being a paladin. Paladins will have a high defensive bonus no matter if they are up to attack or support.

Well on Path of the Damned Darcozzi are the best supporters.  They have an ability Inspiring Liberation which is an upgrade for Liberating Exhortation that adds + 10 Accuracy to the buff.  This accuracy buff stacks with everything.  Accuracy= dps and dps is life.  Healing is OK with high Health/High Endurance characters but not always useful on low HP chars especially if they are taking sustained damage.  They will not have the health to sustain the endurance healing and die.

• Like 1

Have gun will travel.

I will start a path of the damned journey after I finish this one with the bleak walker, not sure if try a fighter, cipher, priest or a monk, what do you all suggest?

Depends on your role play.  I am a competitionist in that I like doing a lot of quests not just the main path so I never played a Bleak Walker.  Their Ethos is you get once chance to surrender, and if you do not everyone dies.  I just cannot see a Bleak Walker doing anything but the main quest.  All the orders are either good guys who can be selfless enough to help others on the way to their ultimate goal or a mercenary group (Goldpact Knights) who would help people for money on their way to completing their goals.  Bleak Walkers are also mercs so I guess you could play it that way.  You need cash to operate.

Have gun will travel.

I will start a path of the damned journey after I finish this one with the bleak walker, not sure if try a fighter, cipher, priest or a monk, what do you all suggest?

Depends on your role play.  I am a competitionist in that I like doing a lot of quests not just the main path so I never played a Bleak Walker.  Their Ethos is you get once chance to surrender, and if you do not everyone dies.  I just cannot see a Bleak Walker doing anything but the main quest.  All the orders are either good guys who can be selfless enough to help others on the way to their ultimate goal or a mercenary group (Goldpact Knights) who would help people for money on their way to completing their goals.  Bleak Walkers are also mercs so I guess you could play it that way.  You need cash to operate.

I'm currently doing every quest possible in the game using my bleak walker paladin, I have to admit that most of my responses have been aggressive and cruel which are not good for the quests at gilded vale, I mean, not giving the priests bones to the poor stupid that just wanted to bury them was abruptly cruel but I am completing all the quests with not so bad endings.

I was thinking on a fighter because I also want to go alone this time, what do you suggest for that?

• Like 1

I'm currently doing every quest possible in the game using my bleak walker paladin, I have to admit that most of my responses have been aggressive and cruel which are not good for the quests at gilded vale, I mean, not giving the priests bones to the poor stupid that just wanted to bury them was abruptly cruel but I am completing all the quests with not so bad endings.

I was thinking on a fighter because I also want to go alone this time, what do you suggest for that?

Ya of course.  All you need is a reason :)

• Like 1

Have gun will travel.

Fighter solo is tough especially before or if you do not get charge.

Have gun will travel.

Fighter solo is tough especially before or if you do not get charge.

which one would be the best for solo, I mean, what class?