Quest A Dance with death - Cant be completed

OneTrickPony

Question

Hey, Im on the "A dance with death" quest, after commandeering the Floating Hangman the quest tells me to report to the Principi leader in Dunnage.

When I returned, Aeldys gave me another Scordeos Edge from the earlier Honor among thieves quest, then the dialog only shows the dialog options prior to the Lucia and floating hangman fight.

Anyone know a way around this? Thanks!

I would have used an earlier save, but the backup save I have takes me waaay back.

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply.

I am suffering badly from the issue so if it is necessary i am ready to provide with savegames, screenshots or whatever is necessary. 

Cheers.

Edited by rodyan

I just tried. It is still bugged. It is still unplayable. After a month. This game is still unplayable. I have no words to describe how i am feeling right now. I had respect for Obsidian and it's completely vanished with the release of this game, and this patch. After a month, you are releasing a huge patch and yet, one factions quest line is completely unplayable. Seriously Obsidian, WTF!?

Playing on patch 1.1 , I just encountered the same issue. I thought this was fixed already?

Tried absolutely everything, even the "exit area, get the sword again, and return" workaround, didnt help.

I am unable to finish the game now if I want to take the Principi side.  Still no news about a hotfix? 

I tried ended with different scenario ways and in the end was the same result: wrong ships. Wnen i was with pirates there were Royal ships. Then I united with Royal company - there were Vailian ships. When I united with Vailian - there were Royal ships again. Can't land Ukaizo.

Hey there fellow adventurers,

I have a solution for your problem, you may not like it but it is indeed a solution. It goes like this. First thing you have to do is open the console, type iroll20s and enable cheating. Warning: Enabling cheating will disable the achievements for your game, so think twice. Once you activate cheating, press F11, that will bring the teleportation screen, there is a search bar there. Type Ukaizo, and look for this: "AR_1204_Ukaizo_Guardian (Ukaizo Harbor). If you click on that, you will be teleported to the Ukaizo Harbor, cutscene will start and story will continue. So that is it. Do it, finish your game. You won't regret :)

Enjoy!

Edited by rodyan

Gods be praised, I found a solution! I'm on version 4.1.2.0047 of the game. I was in the situation where I had "The Coming Storm" quest, and the quest description for "A Dance with Death" said something about being ready to return to Aeldys with the Floating Hangman. When I got to Dunnage, she gave me a second sabre. Then I talked to her again, and she repeated what she said about looting Ukaizo. At this point, Fonferrus was still my active ship. I sailed back to Nekataka, went ashore, changed my active ship to my junk, went to sea, went ashore, changed my active ship back to Fonferrus, and then sailed back to Dunnage. This time, I got the dialogue option that says something like "I'm the captain of the Floating Hangman."

My guess is that the issue is somehow tied to the active ship. Switching ships (twice) at Nekataka before returning to Aeldys at Dunnage seemed to make the difference. I hope this helps someone else.