Steam: How to access your extra content
Pre-order items, Kickstarter backer items, Champion Edition and Royal Edition content are all considered "DLC" (or, downloadable content) in Steam, and are stored locally on your computer.
To find them:
- Open Steam, go to the Library tab, and right-click on Pillars of Eternity in your game list.
- Select Properties and click the Local Files tab.
- Click the Browse Local Files... button.
The extra content should be in a variety of folders, such as "Almanac", "Ringtones", "Soundtrack", etc., based on the SKU of Pillars of Eternity that you have.
If you don't see the folders (or files inside the folders) there as you expect:
- Go to the Library tab, and click on Pillars of Eternity in your game list.
- You should see a DLC section underneath the Achievements section for the game. In this section, it should show a number of DLC items, such as "Pillars of Eternity - Pre-order Item and Pet" (depending again on what SKU you have), and it should indicate an install status for each of them.
- For the ones that appear missing, click the checkbox for each, doing this slowly as it will delete the files and folders from your machine.
- Exit and restart Steam.
- This isn't always necessary, but we suggest you validate the integrity of your game cache (see instructions below).
- Under the DLC section, click the checkbox next to each DLC to turn them back on, and you should see the content being downloaded again.
- Use the instructions in the section above to navigate to your local file content to browse your rewards.
To validate the integrity of your game cache:
- Go to the Library tab, and right-click on Pillars of Eternity in your game list.
- Select Properties, and click on the Local Files tab.
- Click the Verify Integrity of Game Cache... button. This will take a fair amount of time, depending on the speed of your hard drives.
Backers of Pillars of Eternity may download most of the extra content directly from our website, by visiting the Products tab of your Account Profile.
Update: Some folks have reported that they still can't see their DLC items in Steam after trying the above solution. Please visit this Steam forum thread.
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!Register a new account
Already have an account? Sign in here.Sign In Now