Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Obsidian: We Would Make Alpha Protocol 2

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

Zoraptor

Zoraptor

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2243 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
Personally I'd quite like a Fallout style (~isometric, skills, probably straight TB or JA2 style combat, non post apoc) AP successor which I think would be feasible as a kickstarter type project. But I was more making the point that anything directly related to AP could not be on the cards kickstarter wise. Exactly what could be got away with- Omega Methodology, featuring a cameo from Stefan Hades and the evil corporation Telburton!- I really would not know.

Trollossus

Trollossus

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 6 posts
A sequel or spiritual successor would make me very giddy, someone make this happen NAO.

Sondre Dragsnes

Sondre Dragsnes

(0) Nub

• Members
  • 2 posts
YEAH! You know......i'd actually been thinking about that last year but ive been busy with other ideas later on.
I loved Alpha Protocol's concept, story, humor and gameplay! I love Obsidian! They know what theyre doing.

I would love to maybe be the lead game designer of Alpha Protocol or another Spy RPG when/if i become a game designer in my future :)
In my head, AP 2's/Spy RPG's story would be that the player is given various missions that later is getting more and more moraly questionable.
It is, when the player finds out whenever by him/herself, proving later that your handlers are lying to you and make you murder and punish innocent or uninvolved peoples. You are here, then, of course NOT Thorton. Maybe his son/daughter or someone else?
An example that popped up in my head:
your intel saying that you are to look for a woman claimed by handlers to be a terrorist for example. It is actually quickly proven that she is an innocent heavily abused prostitute. What is your choice?

The games story is sort of a mental test on the player: when will you trigger? Will you forever believe them? And are they right in some missions at all? Ones thing for certain: Its gonna be a hell of a ride!

NEW FEATURES:
- Cinematic Jason Bourne Foot-chases
- Customize your Martial Art moves (Make a move feature)
- Disguises and Uniforms
- You can be FEMALE (because we all know its boring watching MEN when we are heterosexual lol good one)

I hope for a sequel, and maybe i will make one? Maaaaybeee? Or as said, just an entirely new spy-rpg :)

Edited by Sondre Dragsnes, 07 May 2012 - 11:34 AM.

BrandedManatee2

BrandedManatee2

(0) Nub

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • PSN Portable ID:BrandedManatee2
  • Xbox Gamertag:maggotfeeder
Come on Obsidian make AP2 Just cause sega said no [I heard] doesn't mean you can't make one If there some legal stuff i'm sure you could make it
If what I heard about SEGA is wrong i'm sorry but I don't doubt it because nearly everytime i've seen them get bad ratings they just quit like that.

BrandedManatee2

BrandedManatee2

(0) Nub

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • PSN Portable ID:BrandedManatee2
  • Xbox Gamertag:maggotfeeder

YEAH! You know......i'd actually been thinking about that last year but ive been busy with other ideas later on.
I loved Alpha Protocol's concept, story, humor and gameplay! I love Obsidian! They know what theyre doing.

I would love to maybe be the lead game designer of Alpha Protocol or another Spy RPG when/if i become a game designer in my future :)
In my head, AP 2's/Spy RPG's story would be that the player is given various missions that later is getting more and more moraly questionable.
It is, when the player finds out whenever by him/herself, proving later that your handlers are lying to you and make you murder and punish innocent or uninvolved peoples. You are here, then, of course NOT Thorton. Maybe his son/daughter or someone else?
An example that popped up in my head:
your intel saying that you are to look for a woman claimed by handlers to be a terrorist for example. It is actually quickly proven that she is an innocent heavily abused prostitute. What is your choice?

The games story is sort of a mental test on the player: when will you trigger? Will you forever believe them? And are they right in some missions at all? Ones thing for certain: Its gonna be a hell of a ride!

NEW FEATURES:
- Cinematic Jason Bourne Foot-chases
- Customize your Martial Art moves (Make a move feature)
- Disguises and Uniforms
- You can be FEMALE (because we all know its boring watching MEN when we are heterosexual lol good one)

I hope for a sequel, and maybe i will make one? Maaaaybeee? Or as said, just an entirely new spy-rpg :)

REALLY GOOD IDEA thats really cool because dont hate but I'm a guy and some games I like to play as a chick because games where you are guys gets repetetive.

BobSmith101

BobSmith101

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 303 posts
Make one with the engine they used for DX:HR.

Gelatoman

Gelatoman

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • PSN Portable ID:SolidCLOUD_
Alpha Protocol would've been one of the best games of all time... the Blueprint was there...

but the execution?.... *snickers to himself*

I firmly believe the development team dropped the ball on purpose... or it was rushed; with the gameplay left unpolished, unfinished, uneverything.

sorophx

sorophx

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3847 posts

Make one with the engine they used for DX:HR.

didn't Alpha Protocol use the same engine?

WorstUsernameEver

WorstUsernameEver

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 5869 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

didn't Alpha Protocol use the same engine?

No, Alpha Protocol used UE3. I don't really see any reason to use Deus Ex's engine besides a faulty logic that goes around "Deus Ex was good = therefore using its engine will make it easier to make a game as good as that". I don't think the technology behind Deus Ex: Human Revolution was impressive in any way, though I might be wrong.
  • The Guilty Party likes this

Hassat Hunter

Hassat Hunter

Royal Bug Catcher of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 5637 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
Heh, the original Deus Ex is still superior, and used Unreal Engine 1(!). Maybe we should use that instead? :p

sorophx

sorophx

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3847 posts
I was convinced DEHR used Unreal. interesting...

Aoyagi

Aoyagi

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 238 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Gold Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
I was curious, who owns the license? I've just begun second playthrough and I have to admit that I would pay a full price for a sequel. But I guess that's just wishful thinking :/ .

I blame Sega and their virtually nonexistent marketing.

Bryy

Bryy

Arch-Mage

• Members.
  • 2748 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Gold Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

Obsidian doing a WW2 RPG would be quite frankly amazing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users