Inventory Items (Including Quest Items...) Gone from Inventory

coreillyanderson

Question

I don't even know what to do from here. 

Chunks of my stash just randomly go missing - and when I mean chunks, I mean about half of my inventory. This has been happening on and off. The first time it happened, all of my pre-order items vanished. I lost Stinky Pete, I lost the cool ass fel fire sword thing, and I lost whatever crafting items I had been hoarding after 4+ hours. The weird thing is, it just suddenly came back.  I kept playing because, to me honest, I didn't lose anything earth-shattering. Now, who knows if everything lost was found, but I know all of the pre-order perks were back in the pack.

This time, though, I really don't want to play the game anymore. The bug took two quest items I had in my inventory (including over half of my inventory this time), and now I'm just too frustrated to continue. I want to continue this quest line and see more about it, but I'm completely barred off.

Has anyone else had this issue? I've only seen one person over on the subreddit complain about it, but they said nothing of consequence was lost. I just want to know what's triggering it so I can play the frickin game...  :banghead:

2 answers to this question

So, update. I restarted the game. The items did come back to my inventory and NPCs recognize that I retain the item. However, I can't interact with it in my stash. Can't move it around or anything. I mean... at least it's back? But who knows when all my gear will gain sentience and just wander off again.  ;(

I've had a game with similar issues. It happened in the start-cabin for me, and I recreated the charaacter and it was fine.

I suggest two things. First, read the "how to submit a bug" -thread at the top of the forum. It may help them track down the issue, given how it's not easily reproducable. Second, when it happens, load a savegame from before it happened while we wait for a fix.

• Like 1

So, update. I restarted the game. The items did come back to my inventory and NPCs recognize that I retain the item. However, I can't interact with it in my stash. Can't move it around or anything. I mean... at least it's back? But who knows when all my gear will gain sentience and just wander off again.  ;(