Trade Secrets issue

ModernRoman

Question

So I was trying to report back to Prince Aruihi and tell him about the lift in the Undercroft, but when I report back it gives me no option but to lie to him and say I found nothing.  I've never given any indication that I didn't intend to tell him--after all, no one ever asked--but I suspect that somehow I've been locked out of his resolution by the mere act of talking to Mad Morena. 

It could also be because I initially discovered the Undercroft before starting the quest.  However, when I went back to the Undercroft, my journal did update and say that I should report back to Prince Aruihi.  It isn't because I never showed the coin to anyone, because I tried going back to lean on Ernezzo and get the full story from the horse's mouth, but I still couldn't report back to Aruihi. 

So I've been locked out of (successfully) completing Trade Secrets, and because I don't want to annoy the Vailians by stealing their adra, I am also locked out of Food for Thought-- as you are already aware, the Dawnstars are bugged, and even if they weren't, they can't help unless I also get help from Aruihi, which he refuses to give unless I complete Trade Secrets. 

Unfortunately, since these decisions are so far back, I cannot be certain which factor or factors are necessary to reproduce the problem.

Attached are a a screenshot of the dialogue that forces me to lie along with a log file.  Please let me know if more is required.

DxDiag.txt

post-212048-0-28998800-1526106055_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

2 answers to this question