Keyboard Issues

DaveLTD

Question

Hello,

I haven't played for several months, recently when I tried there were keyboard control problems.

1) Some keys do not work at all while others do what they aren't supposed to, including those that involve the F1-F8 keys. Quicksaving and loading isn't possible. Pressing F5 to quicksave doesn't do anything at all while F8 to quickload causes the screen to flicker while nothing else happens.

2) Alt key took on the role of scrolling the screen to the left-diagonal for some reason. The keys that seem to work normally are the ones involving pausing and time-speed.

3) I tried resetting to default (which I had anyway) . Tried assigning the keys manually myself but the F5-key was not recognized, as in when pressed it asks if I would like to assign 'None' to this action. The F8 key is recognized as 'P' if trying to assign it manually.

4) I tried to verify integrity of game files through Steam, then reinstalled the game as well, nothing changed.

5) There is no controller plugged nor ever was. I disabled controller support through Steam launch-options thinking it could be the issue but no. Tried the game with no wireless mouse and no headphones as well.

System:

Linux, Ubuntu 16.04 64-bit, Intel i5-6200U, Intel HD Graphics 520, 8GB RAM. It's not a powerful setup but I had no issues when I played several months ago and it all ran smoothly.

I attached a save file and a player log:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/st4vvlw6op6h3tm/error%20files.zip?dl=0

Thanks for any assistance you can provide, the game is pretty much unplayable right now.

1 answer to this question