The game is forcing me to bury cards for no reason at all.

VonHeimlich

Question

Okay. The game has decided laugh and spit on trying to beat a scenerio.

Alright. I'll try get into as much detail I can so it might save someone's sanity in the future.

Device: Samsang Galaxy Tab 2, android v4.2.2

Pfid# f0bee234ef0be689

Scenerio: Halls of Seduction

Days left: 9 (including 4 gained through consecration)

Locations: All closed except Iron Cages of Lust

Party members: Erzen (completed adventure), Amiri, Lini, Harsk

Situation:

Harsk on his first explore after moving from a different location to the Iron Cages of Lust got Ambushed and failed his dex check with assist blessings from Amiri and Leni. Both assisting party member were at different locations. Lini being at the Shimmering Veils of Pride, which as noted closed. Erzen was already at the Iron Cages of Lust.

The Ambush resulted in finding the villain, Mistress Delvahine, and Harsk encountered her.

Harsk also failed wisdom check "before action" action phase resulting in Erzen discarding three cards (Harsk had three Shock Longbows) out of his full seven card hand.

At first combat dice was available to Harsk, but was not able to use Staff of Hungry Shadows with Erzenas the game would not let discard a spell, which I had two in Erzen's hand.

So I moved onto Lini who had a Swipe. Proceeded to succeed wisdom check to use spells. Then I was able to use Staff of Hungry Shadows. Did not use Swipe immediately, but instead used the staff first. Rolled dice for combat reduction, then the weirdness happened.

Instead of going back combat dice rolling, the game demanded Lini to bury two cards. Proceeded to two of my three cards which were a Bear and Restoration. The last remaining card being Swipe.

To top it all off, Harsk could not continue onto the combat rolling.

More salt to wound added upon restarting the game when reentering the battle, then demanded to bury one card after burying the other two in the previous session. One restart later, the game ask for three cards to be buried. With the usual refusal to move onto combat after clicking on the confirm button.

I am getting paranoid doing anything in this game will break it...

Edit: Resolved I guess? After coming to it one more time with resignation to fortfeit a "victorious" scenerio, the game went to lost battle phase, damaged Lini for some reason, and scadaddle back into the location deck. No cards were used or discarded other than Lini with burying her hand.

I guess pray harder to the RNG gods when using combat reduction cards...

-Von Heimlich pfid# f0bee234ef0be689

Edited by VonHeimlich

1 answer to this question

All of the difficulty reduction cards are very unreliable. My advice in general with them: If you're going to use them, use them first. Don't do anything else first. Of course, I still find it difficult to do this myself (I tend to only realise I want to use them when I've already activated a bunch of other powers), but there you have it.

When working as intended, they reset the check, except for anything that involves a dice roll (or Seoni's ability that reveals her top card). I don't really know why that is, but it seems to be deliberate. But cancelling is flaky at the best of times, and cancelling a bunch of stuff at once is super-flaky. I've sometimes even found it changes whose turn it thinks it is (I think this can happens when another character is helping on a multi-check bane), or even reset which check we're up to (I once had to make 3 checks on a villain, and I was somewhat unprepared for the third I must say).