Frustration with party AI

First off just want to say that I'm amazed with the work you've put in to PoE and looking forward to Dreadfire. Recently I've been putting a lot of effort into finishing PoE as I backed it, bought the DLC and have backed Dreadfire, but have yet to complete Act II of PoE.

Overall I've been finding the party AI to be pretty good... however the higher level I get, the more and more flawed it shows itself, especially for resource gatherer classes (Cipher/Chanter). The problem is that at higher levels these scripts still put MAJOR emphasis on low level abilities. This wouldn't be quite so bad except that it basically wastes the resources needed to use the higher level abilities.

Classic examples of this are Kana Rua with the summoner script, who rather than saving up 4 or even 5 phrases to whip out big summons, at level 9 he STILL blows 3 phrases on skeletons, despite the fact that they simply get one hit at this level. Also my PC Cipher is using crowd control script, has Ringleader... but instead spams Eyestrike and Whispers of Treason. Not bad abilities, but at this level saving up 50 focus isn't that hard and Ringleader has a MUCH bigger effect on a battle.. but no, low level powers are so prioritized that higher rank abilities are NEVER used.

Really the only solution I can see is to strip them to an auto-attack script and micro-manage their powers every fight.

Really, really, REALLY disappointing and frustrating... I think this sort of thing has been why I haven't finished yet.