UI stuck while recharging from discard

didiw

Question

Game interface got blocked when I got message to recharge an item from discard. I cannot click anything. Only item card in discard is highlighted but I can't click nor drag it to recharge. All I can do is to click on the card to enlarge the view of it, but it's still not showing any options to click. I cannot even click settings button to forfeit and start the adventure again. It's basically stuck... When I restart the game and load my save it's still in the same situation... What can I do to not loose my save? Pls help.

5 answers to this question

Sorry for the second reply...but I also felt it important to note that it does not let me open ANYTHING including the settings for any forfeit option.  It seems to be completely stuck asking me to choose up to 1 card from discard but doesn't let me do anything other than enlarge the view of the cards in my discard pile.  Any help would be appreciated.  I love this game and can't play it at all  because of this.  Thanks.

Yep. Open thread can be found here:

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/92879-used-a-mending-nothing-worked/page-2?do=findComment&comment=1962155

Bug should only be present if there are more than 8 items in the discard pile. Unfortunately, only actions on which there is no cancel option (ie mending) all you can do is exit out if the game and restart. That should reset whatever it is that gets stuck and allow you to proceed.

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

Yep. Open thread can be found here:

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/92879-used-a-mending-nothing-worked/page-2?do=findComment&comment=1962155

Bug should only be present if there are more than 8 items in the discard pile. Unfortunately, only actions on which there is no cancel option (ie mending) all you can do is exit out if the game and restart. That should reset whatever it is that gets stuck and allow you to proceed.

I have restarted the game many times and every time I hit continue it brings me back to the exact same scenario where I can't do anything.  Or does "restart the game" mean "start a new game" ? 

No, you shouldn’t need to restart a new game. I’ve never encountered a situation where I wasn’t able to alt-tab (pc) or app close (iOS) the game then restart to “dislodge” the UI.

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."