Dyrford Blood Pool sacrifice issue [SPOILER]

the_phew

Question

I am running v3.05. I am attempting to sacrifice Maneha to the Blood Pool in Dyrford Ruins, and I have a save prior to first interacting with it (so I can keep trying different dialog options). I have 1 Cruel disposition.

When I interact with the Blood Pool, every dialog branch eventually ends with "I'm sorry you have nothing for me, Watcher" or similar. AFAIK, the only requirements to conduct a sacrifice are having 1 Cruel disposition and having at least one 'story' companion in your party, and I meet both. 

I'll attach a save game when I get home, but does the Blood Pool have other requirements than I am missing? 

Thanks

5 answers to this question

I investigated this issue further. Increasing my Cruel disposition via console had no effect. HOWEVER, when I added a second story companion to my party besides Maneha (Eder in this case), then I was given the opportunity to sacrifice either Eder or Maneha.

I don't know whether the issue occurs due to having only one story companion or if it's specific to only having Maneha, but it seems like a bug either way. 

My Questeditor and the File says it needs to be Cruel Rank1 and 1 of 9 Companions in the Party, all noted with their special id.

The logic in the file is simple and should work.

If it doesn't work ingame, then its a bug in the calculation of the logic expression.

*edit* Quest Editor best viewed in Firefox, Chrome has a bit trouble to draw the lines.

Pushed a few simple fixes to show the pool conversation.

One need to import all 3 stringtable files to get the whole texts.

Edited by Xaratas

My Questeditor and the File says it needs to be Cruel Rank1 and 1 of 9 Companions in the Party, all noted with their special id.

The logic in the file is simple and should work.

If it doesn't work ingame, then its a bug in the calculation of the logic expression.

*edit* Quest Editor best viewed in Firefox, Chrome has a bit trouble to draw the lines.

Pushed a few simple fixes to show the pool conversation.

One need to import all 3 stringtable files to get the whole texts.

I bet the dialogue is only looking for the base game companions. This is probably the case for Devil, Zahua, and Menaha. You'll probably need a base game companion around to sacrifice any of them. Small bug, but I'll note it down.

- Sking

Öm, nope, it got properly extended to include the extension characters.

See for yourself: https://xaratas.github.io/

Copy the contents in the right box: PillarsOfEternity_Data/data/conversations/prototype_2/p2_cv_pool.conversation

Click the „Read Conversation“ Button

Copy the contents in the center box: PillarsOfEternity_Data/data/localized/en/text/conversations/prototype_2/p2_cv_pool.stringtable

Click the „Read Stringtable for last read conversation“ Button

Replace the center box with: PillarsOfEternity_Data/data_expansion1/localized/en/text/conversations/prototype_2/p2_cv_pool.stringtable

Replace the center box with: PillarsOfEternity_Data/data_expansion2/localized/en/text/conversations/prototype_2/p2_cv_pool.stringtable

Search for „100“, as id in on of the green boxes. Click on „Conditionals: 10“ and you get a list of the conditions.

(or maybe use your internal quest editor)