Bug: Into the Mountains freezing

Paabo

Question

So this has happened twice now: I'm playing into the Mountains on Legendary, and I fight a henchman (I can't remember his name, but he looks like the Wraith King from LotR). The one that does 1d4-1 cold damage? Anyways, I beat him, take the ridiculous 1d4 necromancer damage to everyone, then the game hangs.. No option to close the location, but the blue arrow is there and it asks me to confirm my action. I have a screenshot but I dunno how to post it here.

6 answers to this question

I should clarify: the game doesn't "hang" like it did with Kyra's exorcist heal bug, because I can still examine the location via the left hand pop out, and can still forfeit and return to the main menu. Progress is simply broken in this case.

I have not tried that, as I wasn't aware that was something that could fix it! Thanks for that tip :)

I just replayed the scenario and did not encounter the bug- however I just realized that both times it happened I was forced to deplete my hand with at least one character when taking the necromancer damage, leaving me with no cards. Perhaps this is what triggers the bug?

Same thing has happened to me a couple of times as well, on various stages.

I am currently "frozen" at a "confirm this action" prompt.

The main character (Merisiel) currently has no cards. So you might be onto something there.

The VRT does not help, unfortunately. I am forced to forfeit.