Knock Down Ability 'Greyed Out' After Being Charmed

Draxxia

Question

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone else has encountered this issue?

After my fighter has been charmed during a fight I invariably find that her 'Knock Down' ability remains greyed out after the encounter has concluded. The small No.2 shows on the icon but the ability cannot be used again. Reloading an earlier save seems to be the only solution.

I also find after being charmed my deflection score drops by 20 (which comes from an equipped shield called Ilfan Bryngars Solace). Un-equipping & re-equipping the shield doesn't restore the missing stat. Again, the only solution seems to be reloading an old save.

These issues seem to arise whenever my character has been charmed or had similar 'mind control' effects placed on her but seems to be unrelated to the type of mob that has cast the effect.

Thanks for any help or advice.

1 answer to this question

Hello again,

After some experimentation I have found a simple work-around that addresses both issues.

Whilst simply removing and re-equipping my weapon & shield has no effect, swapping them both over into weapons slot 2 and activating them restores the missing Deflection and makes Knock Down usable again. Next time the issue arises just switch them back to weapons slot 1. Rinse and repeat as required.

It is almost as if my character 'forgets' that she has a weapon & shield after being charmed or dominated or w/e.

I hope this might help anyone else who encounters the same problem.