Old Quests Reappearing/Areas I've explored repopulated

Guest Ontarah

Question

Guest Ontarah

So I just killed Concelhaut and upon leaving Cragholdt found the entirety of Cragholdt Bluffs repopulated with mercenaries and covered with fog of war again.  In fact *all* areas that previously had fog of war are now covered with fog of war again and old questgivers (even dead ones) have reappeared.  On top of this, old spirit visions (such as at Caed Nua) are reappearing as if this was the first time I ever came there.  Basically each area is acting as if it's the first time I've ever been to that area even though I'm 95% done with the game and the only thing remaining is to finish quests for the various gods so I can go to the Burial Isle.  It appears to now be impossible to finish Berath's quest because the druid I'm supposed to kill at Elmshore never shows up there.  

I think the Concelhaut fight bugged it out.  I only sent in 1 guy to trigger the dialog and as soon as everyone in the room was hostile had that guy run back to the rest of my party who was waiting at a botleneck.  For some reason Concelhaut was the only one to follow him so I killed him and got a quest update.  I then went back to his room and cleaned out his trash and got *another* quest update.  I do not want to replay this fight because I had considerable trouble with it.   

Edited by Ontarah

2 answers to this question

Unfortunately it's quite possible your recent saves got corrupted.

I don't know if it's recoverable, it's something the developers should look at; you can upload to dropbox or sendspace the output_log.txt and your savegame.

Reading other bug reports it seems to happen when a transition interrupts a saving operation, or if 2 instances of the game are open at the same time.

Edited by Suen

I've come to burn your kingdom down

Guest Ontarah

I managed to finish the game without doing Berath's mission since I had already done Galawain's and the other gods.  I don't know what bugged it out because I didn't have two instances open at once and I didn't leave the area during a save either.  All I can figure is that the two different quest updates (I assume accompanied by two different autosaves) during the Concelhaut fight somehow conflicted with each other and created the corrupted saves. 

I'm fixing to go to bed now but I'll see about uploading the savegame in question tomorrow if that's something anybody is interested in looking at.  I assume at this point, most patching and such is done and they have moved on to other development.