Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

How Many Characters...

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

araciel

araciel

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

Hey so... I looked for a bit but couldn't find an answer

I just got the game, lovin' it... played through the first scenario with the two free characters but got to a point where it seemed I required more, since more locations were open and after assigning, the continue button didn't show up. I bought two more slots after paying a few bucks but now there are even MORE locations open and I'm getting the same problem...

Is it just a glitch or do I need a full party of 6?

StormbringerGT

StormbringerGT

• Members
  • 774 posts
  • Steam:StormbringerGT
  • Xbox Gamertag:StormbringerGT
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer

As a rule of thumb there are usually two more locations than the number of characters you have. So if you have 6 characters there are 8 locations and if you have 1 character there are 3. (There are scenarios that break this rule however).

From what I can tell though it sounds like you hit a bug, can you snag a screenshot and send it a long and we can help you out?

araciel

araciel

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

http://imgur.com/2BiipgN

As you can see, each location shows two copies of each of my characters. It looks like it's reading me as having 6 caracters since all 8 locations are open.

StormbringerGT

StormbringerGT

• Members
  • 774 posts
  • Steam:StormbringerGT
  • Xbox Gamertag:StormbringerGT
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer

http://imgur.com/2BiipgN

As you can see, each location shows two copies of each of my characters. It looks like it's reading me as having 6 caracters since all 8 locations are open.

UGh that bug. Did you leave the game app running for an extended period of time (running while you were not playing?)

I'm moving this over to Technical Difficulties now.

If you delete that save the characters from that save should be moved into your experienced character pool.

araciel

araciel

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

This is what my story page looks like

http://i.imgur.com/lCn5L1S.jpg

is there anywhere else to delete the save? Would a clean install maybe help? I assume my purchases are tied to my account, but not sure.

Edited by araciel, 02 May 2016 - 03:47 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users