Sign in to follow this  
xxsunshinexx

New game issue with Caravan Master Odema

Question

I just recently got PoE and it seems I have come across a game breaking issue. After I have created my character, the game tells me my main quest is to Journey to the Gilded Vale and then I am free to run around. However I can't do anything other than fight two wolves that are towards the western part of the map. I looked up a couple of walkthroughs on Youtube and found that Caravan Master Odema is supposed to talk about some things and the game is supposed to progress. I have tried talking to Odema but nothing happens when I click on him and when I try talking to Calisca it puts me in battle against her.

I am playing the game on patch 3.01 and through GOG.

Is there something I am overlooking or is this some anomaly that has happened to me :( ?

Edit: I have also tried the Verify/Repair game option through GOG Galaxy but to no avail.

Edited by xxsunshinexx

1 answer to this question

It seems I have solved my issue by uninstalling it and reinstalling it using the GOG downloader links as opposed to downloading and installing it through GOG Galaxy. Everything seems to work and I can now finally enjoy the game.