Extremely low FPS?

cadams77

Question

I just got the game via steam and when try to play it on my desktop I cannot get more than 4FPS which makes it unplayable. I have tried everything I know to do. It runs fine on my Surface Pro 4, so I don't understand the issue. Any advice?

Specs: 

GPU- 2x GeForce GTX 670

CPU- Intel i5-2500K @3.30GHz

Memory- 8GB RAM

Here is a link to my build: http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/PublicWishDetail.aspx?WishListNumber=26726488

3 answers to this question

There's a framerate limiter in the game options.  Make sure that it's not set really low.

Otherwise, when you press Ctrl+Alt+Del what CPU/memory resources does it show the game using?

Finally, do you have issues with any other Unity engine games?

The frame rate limiter is set to max, that's not the issue. When I look in task manager the CPU usage fluctuates from 16% to 30% for the game. Memory is around 1,300MB. My computer seems to run slower doing everything when the game is running. What is another popular Unity game, I haven't had issues with any other games, but I am unsure if I have any other Unity games. Thanks for responding!

EDIT: Just checked. I have played The Forest, The Long Dark, Hearthstone, Jotun, and Rust, which are all listed as Unity games. So it is just PoE that is the issue. People have suggested that SLI might be an issue or GeForce experience, but I have tried without both. No fixes.

Edited by cadams77

There's a framerate limiter in the game options.  Make sure that it's not set really low.

Otherwise, when you press Ctrl+Alt+Del what CPU/memory resources does it show the game using?

Finally, do you have issues with any other Unity engine games?