Anti aliasing, character shadows

Absolutely loved Pillars...what an experience!! Thank u Obsidian...u guys killed it!!

Just a few things that bothered me:

1. The 3D character models in lower resolutions don't blend well with the environment. Even in higher resolutions I felt my immersion hampered sometimes 'cause of he lack of proper anti aliasing. Absolutely smooth, almost photo realistic environments against pixelated , jagged character models. Some textures like the kind of grass u find in Valewood, look too smooth and blurred against the 3D models. If the anti aliasing can't be improved, i'd actually prefer the environments to be made less perfect and slightly low res and pixelated. Would help with the blending.

2. Sometimes I feel like the touchups done to the environments in 2D make them look too much like a flat piece of artwork. Again breaks immersion for me. Dyrford village was a location where for some reason i felt this issue stood out.

3. Character lighting especially at night seems to be out of place at times. Certain armor models (Aloth's default boots ) seem to be too brightly lit up.

4. Character shadows don't connect with the feet of the characters always. Make the characters look like they float above the ground.

That pretty much sums it up. What a gem of a game...Cheers!

Edited by speed