2.0 + DLC AI Discussion

Since the beta-2.0 I play with the AI. In my eyes it was certainly a tremendous step forward to implement this in PoE.

Nevertheless, IMO there is a great need of finetuning it.

Examples:

The map to the east of Dyrwood Village, where the Ogre's lair and the dragon egg are located. Right after entering the map, a few steps to the north

is a large pack of these annoying beatles.

While five of my custom party fight the pack, my monk-disruptor runs down south, where the next pack lurks and pulls them into the ongoing battle.

Besides, how would she know? The southern pack is over the river, hidden in the fog of war.

The same in the dungeon with all these cultists. Instead of fighting the visible ones, someone of the party (mostly monk or rogue) run into the next room to trigger even more mobs.

Sometimes someone just runs elsewhere and sometimes one ore more of the party are "glitched", unable to fight, just "sliding" aimlessly over the ground.

In generally I think, the AI works, although some of their decisions are hard to understand. I often see the barb not using her talents, or the pally not engaging with her flames etc.

My settings: Everyone to "aggressive", use per rest abilities enabled, and aggressive auto attack. Only the monk is set to "disruptor" plus aggressive.

Current party: Pally (main), barb, monk, chanter, priest, rogue.

Your opinions and experiences?

Edited by AnjyBelle