FPS and general hitching issues

cosmicthunder

Question

So, I have scoured the forums looking for posts regarding low frame rates, hitching, etc and I found a few. Some were timestamped a few months ago but I saw some early to mid June, also. I also read a post from one of the Devs that the performance issues were being looked into; however, I'm wondering if something else may be going on.

A few weeks ago, before I moved into a new place, I was having no problems with load times. Load times between areas, quicksaving, etc was all done quite speedily. Now, though, at my new place, the game is playable but there are definitely delays in quicksaving, loading areas, and mild hitching at times when moving my party around. It's not game breaking but it definitely did not exist before.

I have confirmed my video drivers are fully up to date (GeForce GTX 680), hard drive health is solid (Intel SSD), checked the integrity of the game cache, ensured there isn't some process that is taking up CPU resources and there isn't, and even made sure it wasn't my monitor and it's not. I also took the advice the Devs posted and turned off anti-aliasing (which I didn't need to do before) and changed my resolution (again, didn't need to do this before). All to no avail.

Anyone have any ideas if this really is a performance issue and is being addressed by Obsidian or something else?

Thank you!

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet