Continue and load buttons are disabled at first game start

pavd2000

Question

I have steam version  of the game1.04.0540-steam. When i start  game  first time a day  the "continue" button and "load" button at start screen are disabled. In many cases at second game start they are available. Some times  they are available at  third  game start. If i  start game many times finally buttons will be available  and i can load saves. It's not very nice bug, I ask him to fix.

My system:
Intel Core i5-2500K, 4200 MHz (42 x 100)
MB: Asus P8P67 Deluxe(B3) Rev.3.0 BIOS:3602
Memory : 4x4096 Kingston PC3-12800 1600MHz DIMM Kingston HyperX Genesis, KHX1600C9D3K2/8G
Video: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 Ti 3GB Gigabyte Windforce GV-N78TOC-3GD
HDD0: Samsung SSD 840 EVO 750G (SSD, SATA-III)
Power: Corsair RM850 CP-9020056-EU ATX12V V2.3
Monitor: ASUS VN279QLB 1920x1080 27" LCD (TFT A-MVA)

Windows is istalled at disk C:, steam  at folder  c:\games\steam

output_log.txt  as attachment

output_log.txt

5 answers to this question

Welcome to the forums Pavd2000,

Your logfiles both include the following error:

Mono.CSharp.CSharpCodeCompiler ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Windows mono path not found: C:\games\steam\steamapps\mono\mono\mini\mono.exe

If the game is working occasionally, then the most likely cause would seem to be an intermittent disk problem (check Windows' Event Viewer for any disk-related errors or warnings and try running chkdsk - any significant issues found should be a signal to buy a new disk before your current one fails completely).

Another possibility is other software accessing that file and preventing PoE from using it - top suspects would be anti-virus scanners or backup software running in the background - try disabling these if applicable.

I dont now what is C:\games\steam\steamapps\mono\mono\mini\mono.exe, dont have any such file on disk at all. And i dont have any disk errors at event log. I have no such problems with other games.  I think that the advice to disable anti-virus - the bad advice. It does not interfere with work other games and applications. 

I have been experiencing the same issue for quite a while now. I'm on the GOG version.

@pavd2000, do you have a huge amount of save games? 

I tend to save A LOT, and after 50 hours of gameplay, I must have 100+ save games. Maybe it is related to that?

"Ah, we are all heroes: You and Boo and I... Hamsters and rangers everywhere REJOICE"