Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Crashes at all load screens or new game creations. :.(

crashes save files

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Ericm331

Ericm331

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 3 posts
  • Steam:captmeatmack

I cannot play PoE in any manner, as of today, as any file I load from various campaign freeze and crash. In addition, I attempted to create a new game which crashed in the character creation screen. 

The crashes occur during the artwork loading screen for each level/ save file. I am bewildered, as I have already finished the game on normal, and am not sure why this would start occurring now.

Fixes attempted:
1. Verified Game Cache

2. Re-installed game

3. Various Save File Fixes seen on these  forums.

Save files after being zipped were 700 KB and too large to attach.

Any Ideas/Fixes? I am really hooked on this game and hoping to get back into it.

Thank you!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT:

Just an addition: 

When I create a new game, it crashes right before I am able to choose a character portrait. I don't know if this is relevant or not, but I think that the output log is for that instance of a crash.

Specs for Comp attached.

Attached Files

Edited by Ericm331, 09 April 2015 - 11:26 PM.

Falxsonoma

Falxsonoma

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

I have this same issue. Game is 100% broken no matter what settings or fixes I have tried.

jrgrafton

jrgrafton

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 2 posts
  • Steam:darkplastic

Just submitted a new thread on this.

Can reproduce too - MBP late 2013.

Just started happening with 1.03

TWfromSWD

TWfromSWD

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Same for me. The game crashes every time I try to load a saved game. I'm using the Linux Version 1.1.0.2

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: crashes, save files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users